Foscam FI8905W firmware upgrade
  • Just upgraded firmware on Foscam FI8905W to version 11.35.2.55 & embedded web to 2.4.20.10
    SS will no longer recognize the camera (though it opens & looks OK from Safari). Running SS 3.1.2 and OSX Mavericks
    I suspect real issue may be with new web SW as it now prompts to add a PW if none present. I added simple PW and updated SS device settings but still no luck. I have deleted and readied camera w/o success.
    Device settings: Foscam JPEG, IP: 10.0.1.47, ID: admin, PW: 12345 (also tried with no PW)
    Unfortunately there seems to be no way to go back to previous firmware.
    Any suggestions on resolving would be appreciated.
  • Hi - we don't officially support this camera due to users reporting problems with it, however we have some users having at least partial success using the FI9821W device profile in SecuritySpy - see this other forum thread on the FI8905W.
  • I have one of these cameras... and just for the exercise I upgraded the firmware in mine and had no problems. I used the Foscam JPEG and The Foscam pan and tilt profiles and both hooked right up. In the post it was referenced running SS 3.1.2 .... is that a typo ? The latest version is 3.2.1 and there was an issue with Foscam and the way they changed validation of userid / password. Ben and Company fixed that.
  • Foscam has released new firmware for the FI9805W.

I loaded it into my camera and the improvements are remarkable. ONVIF is now working very well, I get 30fps, near realtime stream, very few if any dropped packets or green screen.

Here's a Link to Their Firmware page For All Models

Peter
  • That is the new firmware they posted last month. I too have seen some improvement. What is the bit rate you have set though at 30 fps ? At 15 fps if I change the bit rate to 1M then I have green screen issues again... but its fairly acceptable at a bit rate of 512K at 15... I may see if that holds true if I crank up the frame rate to 30.
  • Well, I am speaking of the 9805W model, and I just realized I posted in the wrong thread (8905). The prior version of 9805W firmware was v1.14.1.21, the new release is v2.14.1.5 and includes an update for ONVIF as well.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!