Security spy as a remote viewer errors on startup
  • HI!

I have security spy 5.3.0 running on an iMac with 6 cameras and it all works fine. I also have security spy 5.3.0 on my MacBook Pro in expired evaluation mode to act as a viewer only. The cameras are configured with the "security spy" profile and use the address and port of the iMac on a local LAN. When I start security spy on the MacBook Pro, I get a dialog box saying:

Error from camera "Camera Name", it will be closed. (Failed to decompress incoming video frame 22185,71042 Decompression failed)

This happens for one or more of the cameras. However, very shortly after that, all cameras connect and are working just fine from then on. Is there a timer value that I could change that would avoid these errors on startup?

Cheers
  • This should not be happening - could you please email us and include a screenshot of the setup that you have on the client SecuritySpy under Preferences > Cameras > Device (the one on your MacBook Pro) and we'll look into this.
  • I've sent you an email with the details, thanks!
  • Thanks, I will take a look at this and get back to you soon by email.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!