Trailing effect during motion capture
  • Hi,

I running SS 5.0.1 on a 2018 Mac Mini with 16GB RAM and 256GB SSD. Footage is being recorded to a G-Raid 12TB via USB 3.1 Gen 2 cable. Memory usage and CPU usage are low. One thing I notice is that when looking at the all cameras window there is a trailing effect on the footage which makes it difficult to see what is going on. I've tried unchecking the box for display cameras at half frame rate in video windows but that made no difference. Can you shed any light on what could be the issue? Most of the cameras are Axis P1367's and I've limited the rate to 12fps on the cameras and all text overlays are set on the cameras. Recording using H.264.

Thanks!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tm31604k2s0u69z/Screen Shot 2019-09-05 at 4.31.19 PM.png?dl=0
  • Do you also see this problem in the captured video files?

If not, and it's just a problem seen in the video display, then it might be a macOS bug that we have come across before related to hardware-accelerated video decoding. In this case, please try this:

- Download and install the latest beta version of SecuritySpy (currently 5.0.2b9).
    - From the Debug submenu in the SecuritySpy menu, check the option "Disable hardware-accelerated video decompression".
    - Quit and reopen SecuritySpy.

Does this resolve the problem?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!