An application for video and audio transmission over a network
RemoteSight is an application for video and audio transmission over a network. It captures video from any attached video input device (for example the built-in iSight camera included in many Mac computers), which can then be viewed on another computer over a local network or the internet.
The primary use of RemoteSight is as part of a Mac-based video surveillance system, sending video and audio feeds over a network to a central recording computer. To this end it integrates seamlessly with SecuritySpy, our flagship video surveillance software product.
RemoteSight can also be used as a standalone application for remotely monitoring anything happening on or around a particular computer, effectively turning the computer's camera into a network camera that can be viewed in a web browser such as Safari.
The feature list is as follows:
- Streams video and audio via the built-in web server
- Supports most Mac-compatible cameras and audio input devices
- Screen capture
- Runs in the background with low CPU usage
- Integrates seamlessly with SecuritySpy
- Supports both JPEG and MPEG-4 video streaming formats
- Remote management of settings via the web interface