Skip to content

Perplexed with new Annke camera addition to the config

I have a Annke C800 that I want to add to my existing configuration, but it is not happening. The crazy part is that this is the same camera as the other three I have had working for the last many months, and they are still working.

So Far I have:

• I tried copying the config from one of the other cameras that is working.
  • Setup the in camera config to be the same as the other cameras.
  • I know the camera is accessible because I can login from the browser (that is how I made the setting the same as the other cameras).
  • I opened the Annke iOS App and was able to access the camera from there as well.
  • The camera is on the same PoE switch as another one that is already working.
  • I tried configuring SecuritySpy by adding the camera with the simple "+" method.
  • I tried copying one of the other cameras into the added camera and then changing the appropriate parameters (IP, password, etc...)
  • I tried duplicating one of the existing cameras and then changing the appropriate parameters (IP, password, etc...)

From the SecuritySpy Preferences window, the Setup tab shows the camera as "Timeout", and the system is sending me the following message:

"Error communicating with network device "A4 - Alley North". 5.5.2,70900,800 Error from network device. The operation timed out."

and then:

"Error communicating with network device "A4 - Alley North". 5.5.2,70902,812 Error from network device. No key frames received from device recently."

Does anyone have any suggestions on what might be going on, or what I should try?

Comments

• I forgot to add, I also updated the firmware of the new camera to the same as all the others. This camera was purchased at the same time as the other three.

• Now I think it is the camera. I was able to connect to one of the existing cameras with VLC, but the same method is not working with the new one. More investigation through Annke required.

• It sounds like the new camera may have RTSP or ONVIF turned off. There are two other forum discussions about this camera with tips on how to get it working so I would recommend checking these out - hopefully one of these will solve the problem for you:

https://bensoftware.com/forum/discussion/3437/annke-c800

https://bensoftware.com/forum/discussion/3681/annke-cameras-wont-load-after-big-sur-11-5-2-upgrade

• I reached out to Annke and they recommended "Configuration>System>Maintenance>Restore to restore the camera." That I have now confirmed as working. Prior to the Restore though I had turned on ONVIF and had no success.

Of note for others to come, with the newer firmware (V5.7.1 build 220316) the Configuration > Network > Advanced Settings screen has changed. In the past it specifically stated "Enable ONVIF" but now that toggle is not there and a new toggle is "Enable Open Network Video Interface" is in its place. I do not think this is the same setting. The reason I say this is that the three cameras that I had previously configured show this toggle turned off and they are still working. On the new camera I had turned it on, then added it to SecuritySpy, and the camera worked (this is post Restore). I then turned it off the setting, rebooted the camera, and the camera continues to work in SecuritySpy. My impression is that ONVIF is turned on in the new firmware and does not require any specific configuration anymore.

So, to sum it all up, the camera is now up and running in SecuritySpy.

• Great to hear that, and thanks for the updated information about the Advanced Settings screen. It's good to hear that ONVIF is now on by default in these cameras in the new firmware - this is how it should be.