Skip to content

tp link tapo / c200 setup

edited March 2020 in Cameras
Hin

Does anyone have instructions on how to set up this camera? I can find it in security spy/device/camersa/autodiscoverd devices but after that (ie in setup) I get 'bad username or password' This possibly because not setup in right way..

if you can help much appreciated..

James

Comments

• I got stuck on username and password for this camera. Then discovered you need to set those up yourself using the tp link tapo app on your phone. Instructions are here

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/faq/2680/?utm_medium=select-local

• Great to hear you worked this out, thanks for reporting back!
  • Following on from this thread, my Tapo C200 has stopped connecting to my recently upgraded SecSpy App.

The Log gives me this message:

5/03/2022 10:17:21: Error communicating with network device "ShedCam". 5.4.1,80210,406 Error from network device. 

05/03/2022 10:47:25: Error communicating with network device "ShedCam". 5.4.1,80210,406 Error from network device. 

05/03/2022 11:17:31: Error communicating with network device "ShedCam". 5.4.1,80210,406 Error from network device. 

05/03/2022 11:47:34: Error communicating with network device "ShedCam". 5.4.1,80210,406 Error from network device. 

Anyone suggest a solution?

• We haven't seen this error before - the HTTP/RTSP result 406 means "Not Acceptable" but it's unclear what this means in this context. Am I right in thinking that this camera was previously working fine? When you say "recently upgraded SecuritySpy", do you mean that this problem started as soon as you updated SecuritySpy from a previous version to the current 5.4.1 release? If so, what was the previous SecuritySpy version that you were using?

What Profile setting are you using for this camera under Preferences > Cameras > Device?

• Hi Ben,

Previous version 4.2.14, now running 5.4.1, however upon rolling back to 4.2.14 it also giving me the error.

Using the ONVIF profile.

• Maybe this will solve it for anyone else:

I had selected the inbuilt TAPO cloud upload on a trial basis. The camera then became unreachable on the local network.

After I cancelled the upload trial, my camera then reconnected with SS.

Can not figure out the logic of that one, but it seemed to be the issue.

• I'm glad you worked this out. It sounds like the camera has two modes: one for its (paid, subscription-based) cloud storage, and one for local NVR recording. And it sounds like they can't both work at the same time. Certainly a limitation, but at least they have allowed the local NVR recording option, rather than some other similar cameras from other manufacturers, which have gone for closed subscription-based systems only. This is useful information, thanks.