Dahua ipc-hdbw1320e
  • Hi all,

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but I couldn't find anything and this seems like an amazingly cheap PT(Z?) camera:
    http://www1.dahuasecurity.com/products/ipc-hdbw1320e-5441.html

Has anyone tried it yet?

Thanks!

• I guess not! ;-)

Maybe I'll be brave and give it a go...
  • All Dahua cameras work well with SecuritySpy, so there is no problem on that front. Dahua have many models to choose from (perhaps too many!) but even the cheap ones are pretty good.

However note that the IPC-HDBW1320E is not a PTZ camera - it has no mechanical movement or zoom. On the Dahua web site, click the "Network PTZ Camera" link on the left to see all PTZ cameras.

If you're looking for an inexpensive but good-quality outdoor IP camera with PTZ, Sunba has some very nice models.
  • A few years ago, you couldn't get an equivalent camera for 3-4x the cost of a Sunba.

I have three Sunba 601-D20X's running under Security Spy. For $330 at Amazon, they provide 20x zoom, POE+ cameras that have pretty fast panning, good IR range. The Sunbas have become my most important cameras out of the 12 on my system. They are physically big, but I painted my housings completely black. So, they blend in better with the landscaping. Mine have survived mounting on lamp posts with direct exposure to sun, wind, relentless rain, sub-freezing cold & snow.

They work great with Security Spy once you configure them correctly. The only thing that doesn't work (yet) is setting & recalling PTZ presets from within Security Spy. Meanwhile, manual PTZ control works well.

BTW, be sure to get the POE+ version. Makes for a lot easier, single cable wiring. You'll also need a POE+ switch like the Edimax GS-5008PL (8 remote manageable POE+ ports & gigabit $140) or some POE+ power injectors.

Another big plus is how responsive the Sunba support team is if you have any issues. Sometimes it seems they are awake 24 hours/day.

• I've now also have a nice Dahua Starlight PTZ 25x for about the same cost of a Sunba. Sharper optics, more mature firmware, and PTZ presets that "mostly" work with Security Spy. Three Sunba's and this Dahua SD49225T-HN are on my system now. When I get another PTZ, it will be another Dahua SD49225T-HN.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!