Skip to content

Observations upon attempting to upgrade to 3.4.3 (from 3.4)

edited January 2015 in SecuritySpy
Hi all

I just thought id post a couple of observations that i came across after upgrading from 3.4 to 3.4.3.

1. Our m-track quad audio interface no longer seems to work in security spy - this was a bit dodgy anyway. I Could never get it to work in 10.10.x (the seem to have clamped down on 3rd party usb interface layers?) so am still running 10.9.4 on this machine. It has a driver to make it 'go' but on the new SS it is recognised as a piece of hardware, but no sound is available.

2.Is it me or has the option to download video files via the web interface been discontinued? I guess this is a deliberate choice Ben?

Those things aside, it seems to run well and particularly the AV sync is much improved.

Thanks

Comments

• Hi Rich,

There have been some changes to both the audio input routines, and video display/download via the web interface, between the versions you mention (with the audio inputs, a problem arose with having multiple devices with the same name, which can be the case with multi-input devices). However full functionality of both these things should be restored in the latest beta version of SecuritySpy (currently 3.4.4b6), so please can you test this and report back.

Thanks.
  • Hi Ben,

thanks for the reply. I've put 3.4.4b6 onto one machine now and it seems to have solved the web inteface download issue. In fact, the new captured files page is great.

I've not tried it yet on the machine with the audio interface issue, but I'll try to do so in the next week and report back.

No other bugs spotted as yet!