Skip to content

Hikvision Intrusion Detection

edited April 2019 in SecuritySpy
Hello,

I'm using Hikvision DS-2CD2142FWD-ISB cameras and Security Spy. I am unable to use the Intrusion Detection events - Line Crossing Detection appears to be working fine.

I test this by only enabling Line Crossing, then Intrusion Detection (separately) with Camera Motion Detection enabled in SS. Motion is only triggered with Line Crossing events.

Are there additional settings in SS to enable this feature (e.g. Camera Input 1, Camera PIR sensor)?

Any assistance you can provide is appreciated, thanks!

Kind regards,
R. Alcazar

Comments

• Hello,

I hope this thread can be answered or acknowledged.

Motion events in SecuritySpy are not triggered using Hikvision's Intrusion Detection/Field Crossing smart events - Line Crossing events work. A majority of my smart motion events are triggered using Intrusion Detection/Field Crossing.

In order to continue using this product, this issue needs to be addressed in order to make the tool usable for me. Honestly, I'm surprised this isn't supported given the widespread use of Hikvision software.

Is this a known issue and when will it be addressed, or have I misconfigured the software? I opened this ticket back in April and hope someone can provide feedback. Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
    R. Alcazar
  • BenBen
    edited June 2019
    Apologies for the delay, I must have missed your initial post.

I have now added Hikvision field detection support in the latest beta version of SecuritySpy (currently 4.2.11b6). Please test this and let me know if this now works as expected.

When you say "intrusion detection" do you mean field detection, or is this a separate thing that you think also needs to be added? As far as I can tell, the full list of events to be detected should be:

- motion detection
    - line detection
    - field detection

All three should now work. Let me know if you think there are any additional events that SecuritySpy should be picking up.
  • edited June 2019
    Ben, thank you for your quick reply. I am referring to field-detection, I'll try your latest update and provide feedback.

Does SecuritySpy have an application log that can be used to identify the events (e.g. motion detection, line detection, field detection)? The log in File -> Open Log only shows errors.

Kind regards,
    R. Alcazar
  • BenBen
    edited June 2019
    Not exactly - there is an "event stream" that contains this information, that can be accessed via the web server (see the SecuritySpy web server specification under the Miscellaneous section). But this is designed to be machine-readable to feed into other applications (e.g. home automation systems). Also if you have the email notification feature turned on in SecuritySpy you will be informed by email when there is a trigger. But for all these Hikvision events these will be classified as camera-generated motion detection; SecuritySpy does not specifically report the different kinds of event (e.g. motion vs. line detection).
  • I've been trying to set line detection without success. I'm using SS version 5.0.1 and my camera is a Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW. Motion and PIR is working fine though.
    I understand that I don't need to tick "Notify Surveillance Center", but I tried both ways without success.
    Any idea what might be the issue?
  • And field detection is not working either. Basic events (motion and pir) are fine, smart events (field and line) not working
  • I'm not sure why this isn't working for you, because this functionality was added to SecuritySpy v5. Is field detection definitely enabled in the camera? I'll take another look and get back to you.

@ralcazar - were you able to test this? Did it work for you?
  • Hi Ben, thanks for your reply.
    It's definitely enabled in the camera.
    Let me know if there's any log that I could send that helps figuring this out.
  • OK, let me look into this and get back to you (probably directly by email as I may need to send you a special version of SecuritySpy to test).
  • Sure! Tks again for your support
  • Hi Ben, just checking in to see if you have any news on this issue?
    Tks!
  • Hello,

Yes, I did confirm intrusion/field detection in 5.0. You'll need to configure Hikvision to send the events to SecuritySpy, I used this thread as a reference.

https://www.bensoftware.com/forum/discussion/1157/hikvision-cameras-notify-surveillance-center/p1

Kind regards,
    R. Alcazar
  • @ralcazar - did you use custom HTTP requests to trigger SS?
  • Hi all,

Did anyone find a solution to this? I think I’m seeing the same - using Hikvision Intrusion Detection, SS doesnt get triggered to start recording; if I turn back on Motion Detection it works again.

Cheers