Skip to content

TVOS PIP ?

edited November 2020 in SecuritySpy
Any plans for supporting PIP in TVOS 14? It'd be great to be able to have SS in a PIP window while watching TV or when I've got a workout (TruCoach) up on the display in my gym.

Even better in the future... Be able to have a PIP pop-up based on some event. :-)

Comments

• Some other feature requests for TVOS:

- Ability to disallow viewing of captures. Configurable from main SS app for each ATV. E.G., for guest room ATV's we'd not want them to be able to review captures but we do want to allow it on our own ATV's.

- Black lines between multiplex images (ideally configurable width and/or color)

- Ability to select groups of cameras to view. Ideally configurable from the main app so that from a security standpoint you can limit what cameras any ATV can see. Similar to above, guest rooms would be limited for security. Kitchen might have only 3 cameras that are most important to monitor, etc.

• PiP would be a nice feature, we'll take a look at this now that it's possible.

In terms of permissions, this can already be achieved by setting up different accounts in SecuritySpy's Web settings, and using these different logins in the different Apple TVs.

Groups support has already been added to the iOS app - the tvOS app is a bit behind but we're planning to update it soon to match most of the new functionality.
  • Thanks Ben. I created a couple of new login ID's with limited camera access. However, in the TVOS app, how do I log out the current user? I cannot find a logout. Even when I deleted the app and reinstalled it automatically logged in as me with full access.
  • In the tvOS app, on the screen that shows the list of server, click and hold the touchpad of the remote on the server in question. Some options will pop up that allow you to sign out or delete the server instance.

Does that do it?
  • Did this on Friday. Took a number of different combinations that didn't work (Sign-out, Sign-out + ATV restart, Delete) but the one that did is Delete + ATV restart.

At least it worked until this morning when this ATV in the guest room at reverted to being logged in as my account and showing all cameras.

So a bit of a security bug here.
  • BenBen
    edited December 2020
    The username/password is stored in the device's keychain, so may be remembered even when signed out or if the device is rebooted. What I would suggest is that you change the password for this account on the SecuritySpy server. This way, there is no way for the device to log into this account again, unless you manually enter the password on the device.
  • While I'm thinking about it, one more TVOS (and IOS) feature request...

- Most Active Cameras. Most of the time I'd likely want a 4 camera matrix on the screen displaying the 4 most active or most recently active cameras based on motion. Options for 1, 4, 6 or 8 cameras would be nice.

An option to have 'most active' be most recently active or most activity over x period might be beneficial for some folks.

I think for stability a newly added camera should replace the least active but an option to have them in order of activity might be good.

Thanks,
  • I like this idea, thanks for the suggestion. My only concern is that cameras moving around by themselves in the matrix view may be confusing and disorienting for users. But the concept is a good one I think. We'll consider something like this.