A free utility that will attempt to fix corrupted QuickTime Movie files
This software will attempt to repair corrupt movie files.
It works with movies that were recorded in any of the following formats: JPEG, MPEG-4, DV-NTSC, DV-PAL. Currently no other formats are supported. Sound is currently not supported; only video.
The current version is 2.0 and is a universal application that runs natively on both PPC and Intel computers. Mac OS X 10.4, 10.5 and 10.6 are supported.
This software is free for anyone to use. Please note that this software is provided AS IS and without warranty of any kind. It is designed to be useful but I am not responsible for any damage it may cause to your files. You should make a backup of any file that you process with this software.
Instructions1. Make a copy of the corrupt movie file so that you don't change the original file
2. Open the Movie Fixer application
3. Drag the corrupt file into the Movie Fixer window or click the "Select file..." button and select the file
4. Enter the frame rate that you would like for the playback of the resulting fixed movie
5. Set the other parameters (codec, video size, depth) to match the settings of the file (often these settings can be detected automatically, but not always - generally you only need to enter these parameters if the file is in MPEG-4 format).
6. Click the "Process" button