Skip to content

Error 4001 (see log)

edited August 2019 in SecuritySpy
hi im getting this error Error 4001 (see log), here is the log info

08/03/2019 15:04:49: There was an error while setting up the camera "Network camera". 5.0.1,66030,810 Failed to open network device. Please specify an address for the network device.

08/04/2019 00:53:57: There was an error while setting up the camera "Network camera". 5.0.1,66030,810 Failed to open network device. Please specify an address for the network device.

08/04/2019 13:01:50: Error communicating with the network device "Front-L". 5.0.1,70212,4001 Failed to obtain video frame from network device.

08/04/2019 13:12:09: Error communicating with the network device "Front-L". 5.0.1,70212,4001 Failed to obtain video frame from network device.

08/04/2019 13:46:46: Error communicating with the network device "Front-R". 5.0.1,8440,800 Failed to obtain video frame from network device. The operation timed out.

08/04/2019 15:52:19: Error communicating with the network device "Front-L". 5.0.1,70212,4001 Failed to obtain video frame from network device.

the cameras are 2 Dahua IPC-HFW2831T-ZS i try h.265, h.264,B,H, the cameras are working fine on blue iris Trial and VLC, im using Last securityspy trial if thats make any different

here is the VLC Code Info

please let me know if you need any more info

thanks in advanced

Comments

• Hi, we've replied to your support email with troubleshooting steps and requested more info.
  • im really sorry, i read the mail quickly but delete by mistake, can you please forward to me again, again really sorry
  • never mind found the email, gone read careful and send you the info
  • For anyone else coming across this thread, this problem was caused by the camera's "Smart Codec" option being turned on. These kind of options in cameras are designed to squeeze a bit more data rate efficiency out of video streams by doing non-standard stuff, and they can often cause problems with decoding the stream. Turning off the Smart Codec option resolved this problem.
  • I’m having this problem to and it sucks. Now where can I find that “Smart Codec” option. I have AXIS Q6128-E PTZ
  • The "Smart Codec" option is specific to Dahua cameras. What exact error message and code are you getting from your AXIS Q6128-E camera?
  • i don’t know nothing about coding but it’s there any chance that smart code can be added to securityspy i would be more than happy to provide you any information logs or whatever you will need

thanks
  • Hi @mata7 this may be possible, but we want to focus development efforts on features that provide the most benefits to the most customers. Supporting a proprietary streaming format specific to one manufacturer, that offers only modest bandwidth improvements, can't take priority over more important features that we want to add to the software. Standard H.264 is already a very efficient codec that gives great results; only marginal improvements can be gained from such "smart codec" add-ons.
  • I’m getting this same Error 4001 (see log) on my AXIS Q6128-E PTZ
  • @Ben , i understand thanks anyway
  • Hi @BIGBUFF74 we haven't heard of this error happening with an Axis camera before. Please could you email us and include screenshots of the camera's setup in SecuritySpy, as well as the camera's video encoding settings, as set via its settings pages. We will then investigate this issue. Thanks.