Skip to content

Amcrest DVR

edited June 2019 in SecuritySpy
We been using a Amcrest 960H for our outdoor cameras and the unit finally died. We replaced it with a 8ch (had a 4 before) Amcrest 1080-Lite since we didn't need the cameras or the HD. Can't get it to work with SecuritySpy now. Anyone had any luck with one of these?

And Ben, I know you guys usually don't support low end units like the Amcrest so if it don't work it don't work LOL.

Thanks,
Steve

Comments

• Hi Steve, Amcrest have a fairly consistent API (based on Dahua's), so I'd be surprised if this didn't work. What happens when you try this with the Amcrest profile in SecuritySpy? If there are any errors reported, what are they? It's also worth trying the Dahua profile if the Amcrest one doesn't work.
  • Hi Ben,

The Amcrest profile comes back with: Unexpected Data
    The Amcrest Qcam, 960 comes back with: Unrecognized Request
    The Dahua's profile comes back with: Unexpected Data

I have tried by leaving ports blank, and putting ports in. Username and PW are correct.

Still no go :(
  • Oh, and I even tried manual settings using the parms that BlueIRis uses:
    "channel={CAMNO}&subtype=0&proto=Private3"

Here is how BI has it configured:
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/Grh8ZeNYGzMtKTsQ7

Steve

• Any Ideas Ben? ????
  • If you go to the log file (File menu in SecuritySpy -> Open Log), what is the exact error code reported there with the "unexpected data" errors?
  • Using the Amcrest Profile this is what the log reports:

"06/19/2019 09:08:21: Error communicating with the network device "Amcrest DVR". 4.2.11b6,80250,801 Failed to obtain video frame from network device. Data from network device not as expected."

Thanks,
    Steve

• Hi Steve, that indicates that the device is set to a codec that SecuritySpy doesn't support. Perhaps it's set to H.265? SecuritySpy doesn't support this yet (it will soon). See if you can set the device to H.264, and if there are different profiles (e.g. Baseline, Main, High) try these in turn to see if one works better than the others.
  • Yep, that did the trick. This DVR defaults to H.265. Set it to H.264 and it works fine. Thank you very much for the help!!!

Steve