Skip to content

horizontal scroll bar

edited February 2019 in SecuritySpy
I’ve had SS 4.2.9 since it was released. I’ve scrubbed through videos since then, but I haven’t done so in a month. I feel as though I’ve lost a bit of my mind, but I can’t seem to scroll through the timeline. There *was* a horizontal scroll bar, but it appears to be gone. I got a very brief (i.e. milliseconds) glimpse of it, then it disappeared. What’s going on and how do I fix it? This is most unsettling.

Comments

• There is a scroll bar there in the Timeline in the Browser, but it might disappear when you're not using it, depending on the "Show scroll bars" setting in the General system preference. If you scroll left/right (2 finger gesture on trackpad or Magic Mouse), the scrollbar should re-appear. Or, simply set the "Show scroll bar" setting to "Always" to have scroll bars visible all the time.
  • Thanks! It seems that, for whatever reason, SS was affected by an acknowledged bug in MacOS having to do with precisely the preference pane you referenced. Since the other apps I had open had horizontal scroll bars, the bug may not be expressed in all Mac-compatible software. Nevertheless, this IS an Apple bug. Thanks!
  • OK good to hear you have found the culprit - do you now have the horizontal scroll bar showing in SecuritySpy's Browser, and if so, what did you have to do to make it show up?
  • I’m sorry that I’m just seeing this. I’m also sorry that I honestly don’t remember. I do remember that it was an issue with MacOS and that others have had the same problem with scroll bars in other apps. I wish I could be more help!