Skip to content

Latest update causing errors

edited September 2018 in SecuritySpy
Error from camera "Front Porch Camera", it will be closed. (Failed to decompress incoming video frame 22185,-8969 Image data decompression failed - bad data)

Error from camera "Back Porch Camera", it will be closed. (Failed to decompress incoming video frame 22185,-8969 Image data decompression failed - bad data)

Would like to return to previous version until issues are resolved!

Comments

• If you would like to try the previous version, you can download it here: download SecuritySpy 4.2.7. Please report back and let me know if there is indeed a difference, after trying both versions.
  • I've just reverted back to the previous version myself as I was getting lock ups and panic's
  • I too have had a few issues with the latest version, although the cameras are working fine on the server side I am having a lot of issues connecting remotely with the iOS app, not sure if it is network conditions or not but it has happened far worse since I updated a few days back.
  • Add me to the list of getting frequent errors from 4.2.8

"Error from camera "", it will be closed. 4.2.8,22185,-8969 Failed to decompress incoming video frame. Image data decompression failed - bad data. "
    Getting it with Foscam C1, and FI9803P & EP models.

reverting to 4.2.7 has things back to normal (where I only occasionally get an error from one of the cameras I have on wifi with a moderate to weak signal)
  • Yep. Bad data. Bad data. .......
  • Please everyone try the latest beta version of SecuritySpy (currently 4.2.9b1) and let me know if this resolves the errors. Thanks.
  • I have installed the latest beta and last night the cameras are pretty much unusable, they wouldn't connect for more than 3 or 4 minutes at a time for some reason - they are all on wired connections so it is not a wireless issue here.

I am going to go back to 4.2.7 to see if that stabilises things...
  • After updating to 4.2.8 (from 4.2.4 I believe, maybe 4.2.5?), both of my cameras became unreachable by SS. Tried the beta, no luck. Went back to 4.2.4, and that doesn't work now either (same issue, cameras unreachable).

In prefs, I am noticing that my two cameras are no longer visible in the "auto discovered devices" drop down menu. Previously they both showed up in this list and were easily configured as ONVIF.

Any ideas how to get this back online? Nothing else changed in my system except this software update...things were working great for many months. Cameras are still reachable via Reolink app and working as usual. Thinking maybe deleting a config file and starting over or something? Help!
  • This beta fixed the Bad data problem for me, but I have one camera reporting excess packet loss.
  • Changing frame rate from 15 to 12 seems to have fixed the errors for the day.
    Any ETA on H265 ?
  • Seems to have fixed the problem for my cameras. No issues with packet loss or anything like that on these Foscam cameras. (only been about 15 minutes, but 4.2.8 was dropping cameras very often, every minute or two if I remember correctly)
  • I went back to 4.2.7 and all cameras recorded 12 hours 100% last night so am sticking to that for the time being! It does everything I need anyway so no need to update...
  • Same here with the errors and even crashing. I have a Reolink PTZ camera and on old Axis encoder on a covert camera. Here is the last error message i got. Have downgraded to 4.2.7

Error from camera "Front_Door", it will be closed. 4.2.8,22185,-8969 Failed to decompress incoming video frame. Image data decompression failed - bad data.

Error from camera "FrontCam", it will be closed. 4.2.8,22185,-8969 Failed to decompress incoming video frame. Image data decompression failed - bad data.

Error communicating with the network device "FrontCam". 4.2.8,8440,8800 Failed to obtain video frame from network device. Connection closed by the other side.

Error communicating with the network device "FrontCam". 4.2.8,8440,8871 Failed to obtain video frame from network device. ONVIF error.
  • Mine are Reolinks too, a mixture of 410 and 423 PTZ...
  • Been more than 36 hours using 4.2.9b1 the issue seen with 4.2.8 is for sure resolved. In fact I haven't had a single Failed to decompress or obtain video frame since updating - normally I get one every day or two from my wifi camera.
  • 4.2.7 was stable with no errors. Have downloaded the beta 4.2.9b2 and will report back.
  • Hi Ben, I just downloaded 4.2.9b2. installed it and immediately started getting the error messages:

Generated by the SecuritySpy server running on the computer "Mac Pro":

Error communicating with the network device "Alley". 4.2.9b2,70900,800 Failed to obtain video frame from network device. The operation timed out.

Error communicating with the network device "Parking Pad". 4.2.9b2,70900,800 Failed to obtain video frame from network device. The operation timed out.

Error communicating with the network device "Front Door". 4.2.9b2,70900,800 Failed to obtain video frame from network device. The operation timed out.

Event Input connection error for the camera "Front Porch" 4.2.9b2,7015,403

Event Input connection error for the camera "Front Door" 4.2.9b2,7015,403

Event Input connection error for the camera "Parking Pad" 4.2.9b2,7015,403

I've been seeing similar since the last official update.
  • Im sticking with 4.2.7 until further notice I think - works 100% here, and not sure what I would gain from any upgrades...
  • Just to add another data point, I started experiencing the "Failed to decompress incoming video frame" errors after upgrading to 4.2.4. Rod & Ben had me lower the Frame setting from 20 to 10FPS in my cameras. This reduced the frequency of these errors, but did not completely eliminate them. I tried each successive update (e.g., 4.2.5, 4.2.6, etc.) but still was experiencing the same decompression failure. The beta 4.2.9b4 has been running for three days now with no decompression errors, so I'm hopeful this issue is being resolved.
  • After the 4.2.8 auto update I was getting the "Failed to decompress incoming video frame ..." error message. A lot. Security Spy was sending me error message emails constantly. I thought it was my switch or my Mac since it started all of a sudden on so many cameras.
    Luckily I came across this discussion.

I downloaded the 4.2.9b4 beta as Ben suggested.

I've been running it now for a few days and am no longer getting the error message emails.
  • We have now released a new version of SecuritySpy (4.2.9) that should resolve the specific issue in 4.2.8 that was causing errors decompressing camera streams.
  • Hey Ben, I moved up to 4.2.9 from 4.2.7 (which seemed ok) and the errors are back.

Error communicating with the network device "Front Door". 4.2.9,10,835 Excessive packet loss from network device, the network may be too slow or defective, or this computer may be overloaded. Check the network and/or reduce this camera's frame rate.

Anywhere from 2 to 5 cams will be listed with the same error in the message.

Mac Pro 5,1 mid 2012 40?gb ram. 7 cams currently recording to three drives at no more than 20fps, higher res cams down to 15 and even 12fps. No recompression. Ubiquiti Unifi network gear including USW24.
  • Hi @msknird the problem with version 4.2.8 was related to decompression of video streams, whereas your problem is apparently with network transmission. The network code for 4.2.7, 4.2.8 and 4.2.9 is all the same, so I suspect these errors are actually being caused by your network rather than the particular SecuritySpy version in use.

What are the make/model of the cameras in question, and how are they connected? Wireless is much less reliable than wired, and if you are seeing this problem with wireless cameras then you should either take steps to boost the WiFi signal (e.g. move the camera closer to the access point or vice versa; add an access point closer to the camera; remove sources of interference), or you could reduce the frame rate of these cameras, or you could consider connecting them via wired Ethernet if possible.