Automate Actions Via iPhone
  • I've managed to write a small Apple Script and made into applications on the local server machine to quickly Arm and Disarm my Action setting. This works great and avoids having to go in to preferences and toolbars. One click and it toggles either on or off.

My question is, is there a way to run this scripts (Applications) via my iPhone, remotely, to trigger them?

Basically, I am looking for a way to toggle the arm and disarm of Actions from my iPhone.

Thanks in advance.

Tony.

• Hi Tony,

I'm assuming you already have remote access to SecuritySpy set up?

If so, here's what you can do to remotely trigger scripts on the machine running SecuritySpy:

- Save the scripts as normal script (.scpt) files (not applications) to the folder ~/SecuritySpy/Scripts/ (this is the Scripts folder, within the SecuritySpy folder, within your Home folder - use the Go menu in the Finder to locate the Home folder if you're not sure where it is).

- In Safari on your phone, navigate to this page and bookmark it (substitute in the actual SecuritySpy server address and port of course):

http://ss-server-address:8000/++scripts

- This page shows all scripts that have been added to SecuritySpy. Click one to run it.

Alternatively, you can arm/disarm Actions mode from SecuritySpy's web interface using Safari.

Or, you can use our SecuritySpy iOS app to arm/disarm modes for cameras. This is probably the easiest option!
  • Thanks Ben,

Worked an absolute charm!

Thank you.

Tony.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!