Skip to content

Is the viewcam.me server down?

2»

Comments

• edited May 2017
    Another interesting thing. I had the name in there, and it was working for awhile, but when I checked it, the last two letters were cut off and there was no way to do it. So it was XXXXXXXXXies.viewcam.me and now the "es" is cut off, so I changed it to "y". But still nothing. Not sure how I was able to properly enter the full name before, but can't now. But it seems to have no effect on the red light instead of the green light.

I guess I'll set up a support ticket? Thought I'd get a quick answer here but....
  • Hi @audiobaja firstly make sure you are using the latest version of SecuritySpy. If this doesn't solve the problem, please email us and let us know exactly what happens when you click the "Test" button next to the DDNS feature in SecuritySpy, and please send a screenshot of the Preferences -> Web settings.
  • Hi, Just a follow up from your response on May 16th. As previously stated I went ahead and configured the IPv4 to manual and on the router and port forward'd 8000 & 8001 to my mac ip address. I am happy to say that I have not had an issue since doing this. I will create another post in regards to my overall setup. The router, cameras, switch etc as i think it may assist others..
  • Hi @benodonohue - great to hear that!
  • If I update to newest version from 4.0.1, how is the best way to save existing camera settings? I have multiple Minis & when I did the update it would seem it blew out my camera settings (camera static IP, make & model, etc). I just don't want to make same mistake on the second NVR.
  • BenBen
    edited May 2017
    Hi @brianchenry - any version of SecuritySpy can read the settings file from any previous version.

However there may be problems if you have at some time in the past reverted to a previous version of SecuritySpy after using a later one.

If you are using version 4.0.1, and you are having problems with settings not being retained, try this:

- Quit SecuritySpy
    - Hold the alt (option) key and click the Go menu in the Finder
    - Select the Library option, and within that window navigate into the Preferences folder
    - Find the "SecuritySpy Preferences vXX" files, where XX is a version number
    - Delete (or move somewhere else) any file with a version number higher than 71
    - Open the latest version of SecuritySpy.

SecuritySpy v4.0.1 uses the file "SecuritySpy Preferences v71" for its settings, so as long as you don't have any later-version SecuritySpy Preferences files, any newer version of SecuritySpy will be able to find and import these settings.

If you find that this is not the case, please email us and include this v71 Preferences file, and we will analyse it.
  • Is the viewcam.me server down? I have been operating perfectly for awhile but today can only connect locally.
  • I managed to get it working again by deleting phone settings and re-initializing
  • Me too the viewcam server does not work, I connect only locally.
    I work regularly on another computer connected in the same local network, on macmini it doesn't work (mini 2012 with Mojave) on Macbookpro it works regularly (Macbookpro 2010 with High Sierra).
    Su Mojave worked regularly for about a month then suddenly stopped.
    Sorry my bad English
  • Hi @marmellata, unfortunately this is not enough information to allow us to help you. The viewcam.me DDNS service is working correctly, so the problem must be elsewhere. For help, please email us at support@bensoftware.com and include information on exactly what you are attempting to do, what works and what doesn't work, and please include relevant screenshots (e.g. the Web settings in SecuritySpy).