Version4 crashes everytime I want to play back a recording.
  • I want my old version back, can I get it?
    Everytime I go to a camera to play it back in the app, it crashes and restarts. It is to the point that I don't trust leaving it running . I suspect i could go to my disk and watch it that way, but it would be nice if I could in the app. Another thing, Ihave old versions of the camera recordings and they are not accessable from the app.

I think I sent both the crash report that the iMac generates as well as the log file. But really, can I get the old one back. It worked perfectly.
  • I have same problem crashes while using new browser playback!

i thought it was because i was using network drive so i redirected files back to local drive i still get crashes and restarts. i gonna have to go back old version
  • Same here with the drive location. I changed nothing when I upgraded. The only way I can get any play back is with the "movies" that have completed and I have to exit, go to the folder and use Quicktime.

I can't play back anything that with the unf extension . I used to . I also get "no video" when there is supposed to.

I don't have a copy of the old version.
  • I'm having similar results with the browser… Crashing, but not all the time. The files appear in the list, but when you click on them they're not there.

Also, the newest files are at the bottom of the list… in SS3 they were at the top, which I feel is much better choice for the sort
  • Hi everyone, there does indeed seem to be a crashing problem with the Browser at the moment unfortunately, that didn't come up in our testing for some reason. We have some crash logs from users help us investigate, and we hope to get to the bottom of this ASAP. Please check back next week as we should have an update to the software to address this.

If you would like to go back to version 3 for now, you can obtain it at this page: download an old version of SecuritySpy.

We'll try to sort this out as soon as possible! Thank you for your patience.
  • Sorry, I just put up another post about this... same issue here.
  • I am going to wait for the fix. it works as long as I don't use the browser. I can go to the file for the previous day and use it. Maybe , thinking better. I could use the schedule for some of the cameras and do it on an event basis.

I am confident you will fix it. consider this a field trial by fire. :(
  • Anyone having these problems, please try the new version of SecuritySpy released today. It has quite a few bug fixes.
  • Still crashes for me when I am in the browser trying to view a .mov.
  • Just upgraded and went through all of my recordings... as of now.. no crashes. i was crashing all the time on the first version of 4.0. I will keep going through recordings. Still seems very laggy going through recordings. Version 3 was snappy.
  • I suspect I could download verson3 and see what happens. I wonder if I have to use the old registration code for version 3 . I still have it.
    With the 8 camera version, I don't want to have to buy that package again,
  • for info - same for me - upgraded to 4 yesterday but crashes when trying to playback
  • Sorry I should have been specific - I am running latest version 4.0.1
    Loving all the other changes so looking forward to this browser bug being resolved
  • I upgrade but it crashes any way
  • Still crashing, and after reviewing the browser instructions from the manual, I see no "scrub" bar… I don't even have the time coding
  • I tried the new version and still I have crashes with the play back, so I downloaded v. 3 and going with that for a bit longer. I have to have that option.
  • yes I am still getting the crashes too - often when I have finished viewing one camera and selecting another camera to view playback on.
    Also on some cameras the timeline recording bar doesn't seem to reflect the recording time - I have a block of colour showing between 1:00 - 3:00 yet the recording within it spans say 12:00 - 8:00
    I have 7 cameras and quickly view them all every morning to see what activity has taken place so have a high reliance on the browser playback functionality
    I know Ben will fix quickly as one of the reasons I love this software is his responsiveness and the constant improvements such as v4
    There is no better SW out there and the Indigo integration is an added bonus.
  • I am still having problem , I have 7 camera in my house and 18 at the office but the browser will crash . I have use SecuritySpy from the beginning and I like it , version 4 is nice but I need to check what happen in the site
  • Hi all, sorry about these issues, we are still working on this. If you can try the latest beta version of SecuritySpy (currently 4.0.2b7) and let me know if this still has problems, that would be very helpful.

@rprobinson - it's difficult to picture what you are describing with the timeline. Could you please take a screenshot and email it to us? Thanks.
  • I loaded the beta 4.0.2b7 and got it to work right, but it still crashes if I switch to another camera, even after doing it correctly. I have the program set to reload after a crash, so I am not losing anything. I am going out of town for about a month, I figure that by the time I get back, all the bumps, ouchies and all will be solved. It is all growing pains.
  • I've found that the program doesn't crash with 4.0.2b7, but the cameras 'timeout' regularly. I reverted back to the release version in the interim, and it works well. Just a thought.
  • Please try the new release version of SecuritySpy (4.0.2), as it should fix many of the problems described above. Thanks.
  • Unfortunately still getting crashes with v4.0.2 when using browser for playback. It seems more stable but randomly crashes when switching between cameras or when scrolling through recording footage.
  • I am also getting crashes in the browser with v 4.0.2.
  • We are still looking into this problem as a matter of priority, and hope to have an update to address it soon.
  • We've just posted a new beta (4.0.3b3) that should fix some/all these problems - please can you all test and report back. Thanks.
  • Hi Ben
    running off 4.0.3b3 since yesterday afternoon however unfortunately still getting crashes during playback in browser - seems to be more when switching between cameras or after switching to a different day.
    Also the timeline still doesn't reflect the recording time (as per mail/screenshot I sent) - very small shading in timeline window showing activity for just a few minutes yet in reality this covers detection recordings throughout the full day.
    And lastly, whilst playing back, sometimes the video just freezes for no obvious reason, even though there is more to playback - the timer in the bottom left corner of the browser keeps on going - I have to drag the time selector back and forth to almost skip a sticking point.
    Not sure if others are seeing same issues.
    Hope this helps.
    Richard
  • Hi @rprobinson - thanks for the feedback. Did you email us the screenshot? I can't seem to locate the support ticket, do you have a ticket number? Could you please reply to the auto-reply you received from our ticketing system, and attached the new crash logs that will have been generated with 4.0.3b3. You'll find them in the ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/ folder (within your user folder).

To get to the Library folder, hold the alt key while clicking the Finder's Go menu, and select the Library item that will appear in this menu.

This is proving to be a very difficult problem, because there is nothing obviously wrong with the code, and we are unable to reproduce any problems here on any of our test machines!
  • Hi Ben - have sent info as requested - hope it helps.
  • Hi Ben - did you manage to get anywhere with the crashes and the timeline issue or are you still investigating ?
    I just installed 4.0.3 but still seem to have the problems.
    Many thanks - Richard
  • Hi Richard, we were hoping that 4.0.3 would resolve the Browser crashing issues. If not, please can you locate and email us the new crash logs that will be generated by the new version? Thanks.
  • While my browser isn't crashing, it isn't showing video for some of my cameras. Works fine on the current day (with continuous recording and rollover each day), but prior days has problems. Console shows:

7/16/16 8:17:47.438 AM SecuritySpy[3076]: [08:17:47.438] <<<< Boss >>>> figPlaybackBossPrerollCompleted: unexpected preroll-complete notification
    7/16/16 8:17:47.601 AM SecuritySpy[3076]: [08:17:47.601] <<<< Boss >>>> figPlaybackBossPrerollCompleted: unexpected preroll-complete notification
    7/16/16 8:17:47.611 AM SecuritySpy[3076]: [08:17:47.611] <<<< Boss >>>> figPlaybackBossPrerollCompleted: unexpected preroll-complete notification
    7/16/16 8:17:47.664 AM SecuritySpy[3076]: [08:17:47.664] <<<< Boss >>>> figPlaybackBossPrerollCompleted: unexpected preroll-complete notification
    7/16/16 8:17:47.675 AM SecuritySpy[3076]: [08:17:47.675] <<<< Boss >>>> figPlaybackBossPrerollCompleted: unexpected preroll-complete notification
    7/16/16 8:17:47.782 AM SecuritySpy[3076]: [08:17:47.782] <<<< Boss >>>> figPlaybackBossPrerollCompleted: unexpected preroll-complete notification
    7/16/16 8:17:47.789 AM SecuritySpy[3076]: [08:17:47.789] <<<< Boss >>>> figPlaybackBossPrerollCompleted: unexpected preroll-complete notification
    7/16/16 8:17:47.842 AM SecuritySpy[3076]: [08:17:47.842] <<<< Boss >>>> figPlaybackBossPrerollCompleted: unexpected preroll-complete notification
    7/16/16 8:17:47.844 AM SecuritySpy[3076]: [08:17:47.844] <<<< Boss >>>> figPlaybackBossPrerollCompleted: unexpected preroll-complete notification
    7/16/16 8:17:47.943 AM SecuritySpy[3076]: [08:17:47.943] <<<< Boss >>>> figPlaybackBossPrerollCompleted: unexpected preroll-complete notification
    7/16/16 8:17:48.185 AM SecuritySpy[3076]: /Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/CoreMedia/CoreMedia-1731.15.204/Prototypes/MediaConverter/VideoCompositing/FigVideoCompositionInstruction.c FigVideoCompositionInstructionArrayIsValid: Invalid instruction: end time of the last instruction is before end of the composition
    7/16/16 8:17:48.185 AM SecuritySpy[3076]: [08:17:48.185] itemfig_SetProperty signalled err=-12860 (kFigPlayerError_ParamErr) (bad VideoCompositionInstructionArray) at /Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/CoreMedia/CoreMedia-1731.15.204/Prototypes/Player/FigPlayer_File.m line 19541
    7/16/16 8:17:48.194 AM SecuritySpy[3076]: [08:17:48.193] openglVideoCompositor_SetProperty signalled err=-12784 (kFigBaseObjectError_PropertyNotFound) (unrecognised property) at /Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/CoreMedia/CoreMedia-1731.15.204/Prototypes/MediaConverter/VideoCompositing/FigVideoCompositor_OpenGL.c line 1424
    7/16/16 8:17:48.196 AM SecuritySpy[3076]: [08:17:48.196] <<<< IQ-CA >>>> piqca_setUsePreQueue: (0x7faaeb3b6c00) rejecting report of layer being serviced - IQ has not yet begun to update

The videos play back just fine in QuickTime player.

BTW, the show movies only is a great enhancement.

Thanks.
  • Interesting. I am having the same issue as sgruby. Works fine in native Quicktime or using a web client. Here is what I see in Console as well:

7/16/16 2:16:06.127 PM SecuritySpy[9973]: [14:16:06.127] openglVideoCompositor_SetProperty signalled err=-12784 (kFigBaseObjectError_PropertyNotFound) (unrecognised property) at /Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/CoreMedia/CoreMedia-1731.15.204/Prototypes/MediaConverter/VideoCompositing/FigVideoCompositor_OpenGL.c line 1424
    7/16/16 2:16:06.129 PM SecuritySpy[9973]: [14:16:06.129] <<<< IQ-CA >>>> piqca_setUsePreQueue: (0x7f9ba5c72800) rejecting report of layer being serviced - IQ has not yet begun to update
    7/16/16 2:16:06.151 PM SecuritySpy[9973]: AVF error: Perf capability check failed: 0xe00002be
    7/16/16 2:16:06.160 PM SecuritySpy[9973]: AVF error: Perf capability check failed: 0xe00002be
    7/16/16 2:16:13.799 PM SecuritySpy[9973]: [14:16:13.799] <<<< Boss >>>> figPlaybackBossPrerollCompleted: unexpected preroll-complete notification
    7/16/16 2:16:13.894 PM SecuritySpy[9973]: [14:16:13.894] <<<< Boss >>>> figPlaybackBossPrerollCompleted: unexpected preroll-complete notification
    7/16/16 2:16:13.981 PM SecuritySpy[9973]: /Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/CoreMedia/CoreMedia-1731.15.204/Prototypes/MediaConverter/VideoCompositing/FigVideoCompositionInstruction.c FigVideoCompositionInstructionArrayIsValid: Invalid instruction: end time of the last instruction is before end of the composition
    7/16/16 2:16:13.981 PM SecuritySpy[9973]: [14:16:13.981] itemfig_SetProperty signalled err=-12860 (kFigPlayerError_ParamErr) (bad VideoCompositionInstructionArray) at /Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/CoreMedia/CoreMedia-1731.15.204/Prototypes/Player/FigPlayer_File.m line 19541
    7/16/16 2:16:13.991 PM SecuritySpy[9973]: [14:16:13.991] openglVideoCompositor_SetProperty signalled err=-12784 (kFigBaseObjectError_PropertyNotFound) (unrecognised property) at /Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/CoreMedia/CoreMedia-1731.15.204/Prototypes/MediaConverter/VideoCompositing/FigVideoCompositor_OpenGL.c line 1424
    7/16/16 2:16:13.999 PM SecuritySpy[9973]: AVF error: Perf capability check failed: 0xe00002be
    7/16/16 2:16:14.004 PM SecuritySpy[9973]: [14:16:14.004] <<<< IQ-CA >>>> piqca_setUsePreQueue: (0x7f9ba1ed8600) rejecting report of layer being serviced - IQ has not yet begun to update
    7/16/16 2:17:08.885 PM apspd[279]: stream: received error: The operation couldn’t be completed. (OSStatus error -9829.) on: incoming stream: apns:com.apple.alerts to host: gateway.push.apple.com:2195
    7/16/16 2:17:08.885 PM apspd[279]: will attempt to reconnect stream apns:com.apple.alerts to host gateway.push.apple.com:2195 in 300 seconds
  • Thanks for the log messages, this is very useful. The interesting message, that appears to be stopping footage from previous days to be displayed, is "end time of the last instruction is before end of the composition".

Compositions (the collection of individual files that is to be played back) should be exactly 24 hours long, however there must be a bit of video after midnight in some cases (perhaps a motion-capture movie was started just before midnight, in which case it will continue to record rather than breaking and creating a new file at the start of the new day).

So because of this, it seems that the compositions instructions (which determine the size/scaling of playback) aren't lining up with this end time, and the whole thing refuses to play.

This should be fixed in the latest beta version of SecuritySpy (currently 4.0.4b2). Please test this one and report back.

Many thanks.
  • I'll give it a try this evening! Thanks for taking a look; this will be great if it fixes my problem.
  • Much better, thanks!
  • Downloading today - I have been out of town.
  • New beta version still crashes, crash log e-mailed
  • Browser issue is better (retrieving video) but now I am seeing crashes. Including some crashes that do not auto-restart. Emailing crash log
  • Sorry it's taking so long to fix the remaining crashing issues, we are currently working under the theory that it could be an Apple bug. It works fine for the majority of users, but still crashes for a handful of users, and there does not appear to be a bug in SecuritySpy. We are still investigating, and hope to find a workaround soon.
  • Please can everyone try the new beta version (4.0.4b3) and let me know if the Browser is still crashing. This one has some changes that should improve or fix this situation.
  • First impressions are good, I could get mine to crash on demand just by swopping cameras. I can swap cameras choose files and so far I can't get it to crash.

Thanks Ben

Regards Phil

• Maybe I'm missing something here, but with both 4.0.3 and 4.0.4b3 nothing at all displays on my .unf files. I have one with 60MB and another with 650MB of unf video and the whole timeline is "no video". With version 3.x it would show .unf video on those cameras.
  • Are these motion detect files? mine show no video until you hit the marker on the timeline where motion was detected.
  • All Browser function seems correct for me on 4.0.4b4.
  • For me, it was crashing when I used the calendar to select another date… But just on some cameras.

Now, it doesn't crash… But on some cameras, when I select another date, other than TODAY, there is no video to show… The files are there… It plays, based on the time log moving… But there is no video to see.

These files are.MOV

Jay
  • Thanks for your feedback everyone. We've just released a new version (4.0.4) that should fix all Browser issues, including the problem where you can't see footage from previous days.
  • Hi Ben - have run 4.0.4 all day and it is looking good - no crashes and the timeline display is now accurate. Thanks for dilligently working through it all. Now reaping the benefits of the v4 upgrade
  • I'm using 4.04 and have had to browse some of my videos and I haven't experienced a single crash.
  • I have been using 4.04 for several days now and it is working well. Thanks!
  • Browser is stable! Thank you! Am I missing something with fast forward within the browser? When I try to use it, the video stops. No crash, I just have to hit play again. Any ideas?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!