Simple Feature Request
  • I would like to be able to copy the motion mask in the camera settings window from one camera to another. Thank you for that consideration.
  • There's a "Copy settings from other camera" function at the bottom of the Camera Settings window. This copies all settings, including the motion mask. Does this do what you want, or do you want to copy just the motion mask only?
  • I tried that before I posted but I thought that didn't work. I'll try again.
  • It definitely doesn't work for me. Could I be doing something wrong?
  • I've just tested this and you are indeed correct, the mask is not copied.

As far as I can remember I think this was a design decision; we thought that the mask would be too camera-specific, with each camera always requiting a different mask, hence it being left out of the copy.

Thinking about it now, I'm surprised you want to copy the mask - surely each camera has a different view and therefore requires a different mask? Could you explain why this is not the case for your setup?
  • As I've added more cameras (I'm done now.) I've rearranged them and their camera numbers mostly to keep that hot screen AppleScript working properly as the camera numbers must be consecutive for the loop. So now I have number 1-9 running the higher res streams in Active mode and calling that script on motion, while cameras 11-19 are running a stream more appropriate for lower bandwidth remote viewing in Passive mode. I need to copy the mask this time because I've moved a camera from 8 to 9 by changing the Video device settings to keep the camera numbers intact.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!