Skip to content

Need a high res outdoor camera

edited May 2015 in Cameras
One of my clients is looking for a high resolution camera that can capture a license plate and driver faces. He doesn't want to use a PTZ as he wants to video anyone coming on his property. I have viewed the top 10 for 2015 and are using the Dahua 4300s. He is wanting better resolution. Any suggestions?

John

Comments

• Hi John,

As a 3 MP camera, the IPC-HFW4300S is good for most situations where high resolution is required, however if this isn't quite high enough for your client, then check out the Dahua IPC-HFW5502C (which is 5 MP) or the IPC-HFW4800E (which is 8.3 MP).

Hope this helps.
  • Thank you Ben.
    This carries a lot of credibility coming from you.

John
  • The client decided to go with the IPC-HFW4800E. The only place I can find it on line is Alibaba. Do you have any other vendor suggestions?

John
  • BenBen
    edited May 2015
    Hi John,

The IPC-HFW4800E is still rather new and doesn't appear to be easily available from the likes of Amazon yet. Have a look at AliExpress - they currently have it available for US $360. We have no financial interest in recommending them - this is simply a site we have used ourselves, and I know that many customers have also used them.

Hope this helps! Let us know how you get on.
  • I also want this type of camera, actually some days ago my brother wanted a camera which he place in their bakery shop, i thought this is the perfect one. Thanks for suggesting this.