Skip to content

I View Technologies Video Server?

edited January 2015 in Cameras
Hi, I'm a trial member evaluating SecuritySpy. I'm having trouble trouble connecting to an existing 5 analog camera setup with video server. There are no markings on my video server other than iX 8 and "made in Taiwan". I've been using the iView iPhone/iPad iViewDVR and IWATCH DVR 2 apps. My security vendor says the server manufacturer is I View Technologies. I haven't been able to locate a discussion here in the forums on connecting to the cameras. I'm hoping someone has had some experience with this equipment and can provide some guidance. Thanks for any assistance. Bill

Comments

• Hi Bill, we haven't come across this, and I'm finding it quite difficult to find out any useful information about this device. It's not even clear if the device supports standard protocols such as RTSP, and the manufacturer's web site certainly isn't very helpful. You might be out of luck with this one. Such DVRs tend to be designed as closed systems which typically don't work with third party software. If you are can put your DVR online so that we can connect to it from here, we will take a look to see if we can find out anything - let me know if you are able to do this.
  • Thanks Ben. It's available online. How do I send you the connection information?
  • Hi Bill - great, please email us the address and login details.
  • Thanks to Ben here's a working solution:

- In the Video Device Settings window, create a new network device.
    - Set the device type to "Manual configuration”.
    - Enter the DVR's IP address and port
    - Enter the DVR's username and password
    - Enter "cgi-bin/net_jpeg.cgi?push=1&ch=1" (without quotes) as the Request

You can add additional streams in this way using different channel numbers, e.g. ch=2, ch=3 etc.

Potential caveat: With my 8 channel model (iX 8) I had what looked like problems on channels 3 and channel 5. They showed as other channels and flickered intermitently. Setting these to channels 8 and 16 respectively showed all 5 cameras. Odd but it now works
  • Great to hear it's working - thanks for posting back Bill.