Skip to content

Security spy as a remote viewer errors on startup

edited November 2020 in SecuritySpy
HI!

I have security spy 5.3.0 running on an iMac with 6 cameras and it all works fine. I also have security spy 5.3.0 on my MacBook Pro in expired evaluation mode to act as a viewer only. The cameras are configured with the "security spy" profile and use the address and port of the iMac on a local LAN. When I start security spy on the MacBook Pro, I get a dialog box saying:

Error from camera "Camera Name", it will be closed. (Failed to decompress incoming video frame 22185,71042 Decompression failed)

This happens for one or more of the cameras. However, very shortly after that, all cameras connect and are working just fine from then on. Is there a timer value that I could change that would avoid these errors on startup?

Cheers

Comments

• This should not be happening - could you please email us and include a screenshot of the setup that you have on the client SecuritySpy under Preferences > Cameras > Device (the one on your MacBook Pro) and we'll look into this.
  • I've sent you an email with the details, thanks!
  • Thanks, I will take a look at this and get back to you soon by email.
  • Hi Ben, Happy New Year!

Did you get a chance to take a look at this please?

Cheers
  • I just updated to Security Spy 5.3.2 and was happy to see that this error had gone away.

Then I realised that only half of my cameras where actually updating in Security Spy that was in view mode only. The FPS is reported as 21/0 and the view does not update. If I restart the view mode only copy of Security Spy I get a different set of cameras not updating.

So, it's gone from a dialog to dismiss to not working at all. Is there any chance you could take a look please, as Security Spy is no longer useful when (not) working like this?

Regards
    Rick
  • BenBen
    edited March 2021
    Hi Rick, sorry we haven't been able to fix this yet, we have been stumped by this issue so far.

Can you confirm that you have updated SecuritySpy to version 5.3.2 on both the client and the server?

Do you see any problems with the reliability of the live video from the cameras on the server (iMac) SecuritySpy?

If you switch the "Format" on the client (MacBook) under Preferences - Cameras - Device to "HTTP JPEG", do the problems go away?
  • Hi Ben
    Thanks for replying.

I can confirm that both the server and the client are running version 5.3.2.

I don't see any problems with the live video on the server.

I switched the format to HTTP JPEG on the client and now it works fine with no errors and all cameras working as expected.

I can leave it set like that but if you still want to work out what's going on, let me know and I'll provide whatever information I can.