Skip to content

Amcrest

2»

Comments

• Whoops just found the app manual. I’ll try that...

https://www.bensoftware.com/securityspy/app-guide/
  • Hmmm. All I see is Enable notifications and Hide in Multiplex when I follow the manual. PT presets work now on the server...! hopefully I’m missing something in the iOS app? Would be sad not to be able to angle in on the pets...
  • Hi @msknird PTZ control definitely is a feature of the SecuritySpy iOS app. You are looking in the right place, so if you don't see the "Control PTZ" option in that menu you describe (the one with the "Enable Notifications" and "Hide in Multiplex" options), the most likely explanation is that the user account does not have permission to control PTZ on the server. So could you please double-check the permissions for the web account on the server under Preferences -> Web in SecuritySpy.
  • That was it!! Thanks Ben, this is great!
  • Installed an Amcrest IP4M-1026 and having an impossible time maintaining a full-time video stream... (IP2M-841 and two other cameras work just fine...)

I've tried different resolutions, streams, profiles, formats, wifi access points, locations, settings - both in the camera settings and SS, etc. all to no avail.

Profiles recommended and alas, tried include:
    ACTi, RTSP JPEG
    Amcrest, RTSP
    Dahua, RTSP
    ONVIF, RTSP
    Q-See, RTSP
    etc., etc...

I have no trouble accessing the camera's IP/webpage (so long as I first log out of SecuritySpy, for some reason...), so connectivity, in theory, is not the problem.

Is there some magic combo of settings for this 4M model that work, permanently?

Desperate but not serious . . .
  • Hi @rintintin without knowing the example symptoms and error messages I can only give you general advice, which is as follows:

- The Amcrest profile with RTSP format is the correct one to use for your camera.

- Make sure to install the latest firmware on your Amcrest camera.

- This is an outdoor camera with WiFi. However, we would strongly recommend connecting all cameras - especially outdoor cameras - by wired Ethernet. When installing cameras outside, they are generally further from WiFi access points, and are on the other side of comparatively thick walls, which often results in inadequate WiFi signals and therefore unstable connections.

- Try reducing the camera's frame rate (e.g. to 5-10fps). If the network is not fast enough to cope with the video stream at the highest frame rate, then perhaps it will be adequate to transmit a lower frame rate.

Hope this helps.