Skip to content

Missing Dashboard in Catalina

zi4zi4
edited October 2019 in SecuritySpy
Missing Dashboard in Catalina. Maybe someone solved this problem? :)
Ben, maybe you will make a notification center application?
P.S. SecuritySpy Screensaver works correctly:)

Comments

• The dashboard window seems to work fine for me in SecuritySpy 5.0.2b11 with Catalina. Are you talking about something else? I most frequently look at recording rate versus disk pressure, and that graph seems to be working as before the upgrade.
  • The loss of the Dashboard widget is huge for me.

I tried the Screensaver route and using SS application as a remote viewer...both are slow compared to the quick view via Dashboard and a poor solution for me.

I would pay for a Notification Center app like an iOS app to fix this.

• Ah, I misunderstood you then. I thought you meant the SecuritySpy->Window->Dashboard, which graphs various statistics!
  • Ben,

As a replacement for the dashboard widget, would you consider enabling MacOS for the iOS SecuritySpy app using Catalyst. This would give a similar "quick view" as the widget did without loading the full SecuritySpy app. It should be fairly simple to try, if you haven't already.

-Mike
  • We know how useful this was, and we are looking into other options, including a notification centre widget. However there is no easy solution, so this may not surface for a while.
  • Missing Dashboard as well so watching. Updating MacMini (forced due to faulty mother board/chip and new Mini is running Catalina. Went to pull up cameras on laptop running Mojave and noticed cameras would not load. I to use Dashboard as a quick way to pull up cameras while at work and find it tremendously handy.
  • I too am really missing the ability to quickly check all of my cameras at a glance. Another vote for returning some sort of similar functionality!