Feature Request - Multiple Schedules
  • Hi Ben,

Another question, if I may: How hard would it be to add multiple schedules for a camera (or group of cameras)?

Here's my issue. Retail store - during store hours our eyes can't be everywhere, so we'd like to be able to automatically switch the camera(s) to active mode while we're open and record a continuous capture until we close (this we can do). However, we'd also like to have the camera(s) respond to motion detection while we're closed and automatically start recording in the event of a break-in (which we can also do)... trouble is, I can't figure out how to do both.

As I see it, SecuritySpy allows us to be able to do one or the other of these options and I'd really, really, really like to be able to do both.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks again for an awesome product.

Best - Anton
  • Hi Anton - glad you like the software! We get this question from time to time, so I have added the answer to our FAQ page, entitled How can I schedule different capture options at different times?.

I hope this answers your question.
  • Thanks for that Ben, but am I correct in assuming that each camera instance requires a license?

Best - Anton
  • Hi Anton - not in this case. SecuritySpy will detect that you are adding the same camera twice and will count the two instances as one camera for licensing purposes.
  • Excellent, Ben.

Thank you for answering my question.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!