Pixilation on cameras
  • I thought this was a problem with my cameras but now Im leaning towards software.

When I log into securityspy web server from another computer and look at a camera, sometimes the top of the camera is pixelated. About 20% the screen. I believe it is where the date and timestamp is but that may be a coincidence.

if I log directly into the camera there is no pixelation.

if I reboot the camera the pixelation goes away.

I just noticed this, but the status shows MD and I think what is a red "R". The other cameras show "Idle"

This is random and can happen with any camera. Once it happens it stays until I reboot the camera OR reboot security spy (another reason I think it is not the camera).

Any ideas?

Thank You
  • I just saw the MD means motion detection. I think what may be happening is it detects motion and then gets stuck in that status. I say this because it is stuck on MD and there is no motion.

So still an issue, just wanted to add more details.
  • Hi Johnny - please can you email us screenshots to demonstrate this problem? To capture a screenshot, press cmd-shift-4 and select the area of the screen to capture; a file called "Screen shot" will appear on your desktop. Also please let us know the make and model of the camera.

This is not a known problem with SecuritySpy, plus if the problem is resolved by restarting the camera then this suggests a camera issue, however when we see the screenshots we may be able to advise further.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!