Foscam FI8907W - No Audio
  • Hi,

I have a FI8907W which I need to add to my SS to use it as a baby monitor. I've selected Foscam JPEG under the Device Type list which gives me a picture but no audio (yes there is a built in microphone on the camera). I've upgraded the camera to the latest firmware.

Does anyone have a recommendation on how to get audio working? I've tried selecting Manual Config and some of the other Foscam models under the Device Type list but nothing worked.

Thanks in advance,

Tim
  • Hi Tim,

Unfortunately, for Foscam JPEG cameras that do not support RTSP or ONVIF, the audio cannot be used in SecuritySpy. This is because these cameras only implement an ASF stream for the audio, which is a proprietary Microsoft format. No other cameras use this format, and we have decided to focus our support on industry-standard formats that virtually all other cameras use.

Sorry for the bad news, if you can return the camera we can advise you on an alternative. In general it's a good idea to check our list of supported cameras to see what features we support from which cameras.

Hope this helps.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!