simple question - Grandstream GS-GXV3504
  • Does SecuritySpy work with this video-capture device? If it does, we'll buy SecuritySpy.

Thank you.
  • Hi - yes SecuritySpy does work with this IP video server. You can find the full list of supported video servers at SecuritySpy Installation Manual - Network video servers.
  • I wanted to add to the discussion, as there is really no information how to configure the GrandStream GXV3504.

In my case, I am test SS to do all the capturing, motion detection, et al. I still wish to send a secondary stream to my automation system, which has integrated cameras, thus having a single point of access for the automation interface is my personal requirement.

The only way I could get SS to view the cameras was as follows:
    **** On the GrandStream GXV3504:
    - Option 1 (Easy, Novice, First Time User):
    - Video & Audio
    L 4 * D1 (Enable via Check Box)
    Choose any H264 Configuration
    Choose H264 + (Second stream if you happen to need that for another app)

- Option 2 (Expert Level):
    - Video & Audio
    L 4 * D1 (DO NOT Enable via Check Box)
    L Channel 1 (Use same for all channels, or modify as needed for camera/usage/needs)
    - Channel 1 Video Settings
    - Primary Stream Settings
    - H264,
    - Resolution, Bitrate, Fram Rate, CBR/VBR, I Frame Rate = As desired as you should know what you are doing.
    - Secondary Stream
    - Choose what is needed, as an expert will understand why they want a secondary stream.

**** On SS:
    - Settings -> Video device settings
    - Create a Video device for each of the 4 streams
    - Each Device includes the same IP address of the GrandStream Device
    - HTTP: 80, RTSP: 554, Format: H.264
    - Input Number = 1,2,3,4 (this is for the channel you wish to view)
    After each device has been created, you can simply change the Name of the Device so you know each stream.
    - Settings -> Camera settings
    - Camera Name: **Edit this so you know each stream, eg: Input 1, Door, Patio, etc.***
    Then the generic name of ###.###.#.# ip address is changed so you know the actual Video Stream.

Hope this helps.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!