Skip to content

A few web interface questions..and some

edited December 2013 in SecuritySpy
Sorry for the many questions :

1) Is there a possibility or a setting that enables or disables PTZ for certain cameras ?
I have one PTZ camera, and two bullets, but in the web interface (and the desktop app as well) I have the possibility to open a PTZ window, which is useless on the bullet cams.
2) Is there an option for the webinterface thumbnails page to, instead of opening a PTZ window upon click, to open a full-screen or just a bigger view of that camera ?
I saw that I can go back to the main settings page and choose a bigger streaming option, but it'd be nicer if I could open a bigger screen from the thumbnails page.
3) Is there a way to go directly to the thumbnails page and not first go through the settings page ?

4) I'm also experimenting with sms applescript through the os x messages app, but not succeeding. Do you know of an elegant way to have some kind of push notification to my iPhone when an alarm occurs (I'd hate to have to enable push for my mails).

I also downloaded remotesight to try as well, but I think I'm misunderstanding what it does.
Ideally I would like to set up SecuritySpy on one of my macs and have it do it's thing day and night, but I would like a convenient way to see all my cameras at the click of a button on any of my other macs/devices. The webinterface might work, but it's to many clicks (my question above would solve this though). I thought that Remotesight was supposed to do this, but it seems it also some kind of server app ?

Comments

• I have done some further experimenting, you don't need to answer questions 3 & 4
    For question 3, I just bookmark the live view page.
    For question 4, I have just purchased Remote Patrol for my iPhone. For some reason the push notifications don't seem to work, but I'll contact the developer directly for this.
  • Hi Pete, to answer your questions:

1. It's not possible to turn PTZ off, however a workaround would be to set the bullet cameras up on a manual setting, which would result in no PTZ options showing up. Let me know the exact make/model of the cameras you are referring to and I'll tell you how to set this up.

2. This is not programmed into the web interface. To provide a better viewing experience, you can use another copy of SecuritySpy (free for viewing-only) instead of a web browser to view the video from your server SecuritySpy. The setup is quite easy and it should give you the kind of flexibility about how to display the cameras that you want.

4. In Remote Patrol, you have to specifically enable Push Notifications on a per-camera basis, then you should get these coming through.

RemoteSight is designed for turning built-in iSight/FaceTime cameras into network cameras that can stream video and audio to the central SecuritySpy recording computer.

To achieve what you want, simply use other copies of SecuritySpy on the viewing computers using the setup linked to above.

Hope this helps!
  • Hi Ben, thanks for clearing that up.

My bullet cams are these :
    Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I
    http://www.use-ip.co.uk/hikvision-ds-2cd2032-i-4mm-3mp-ir-mini-bullet-camera.html
    They do work perfectly with the provided profile inside SecuritySpy.

For Remote Patrol, I have those settings enabled and notifactions do happen sometimes, but often not. I suspect it's more of a fault on Apple's side though.
  • Hi Pete - to set this camera up manually, do the following:

- Open the Video Device Settings window; Network tab
    - Locate the camera
    - Change the device type to "Manual"
    - Select RTSP as the Format
    - Enter "Streaming/channels/1" (without the quotes) as the Request

Hope this helps.