Swann Cam dropping IP Network Connction
  • I'm using two "unapproved" Bensoftware cameras. They are Swann Model 440IPC0509114 or Model 440IP for short.
    You were kind enough to provide a "manual" set up which uses a static IP and a "vodestream.cgi" request which works very very well, other that about once a week or so the cam stops showing up and I can't even ping it.
    My question is what might be causing the signal loss and how to correct it? Other than this one issue I'm getting great results with SecuritySpy on all levels.
    TIA,
    John
    Ocean City, NJ
  • Hi John,

It sounds like the camera is simply crashing after a while. The first thing to do is check for firmware updates from the manufacturer, and/or contact Swann tech support to see if they have any ideas.

Aside from that, there's nothing in particular that you can do to debug this, as it is most likely a bug in the camera's firmware. Although not a great solution, restarting the camera regularly (or automatically every day using a plug-in timer device) should get around the problem.

Hope this helps.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!