BW® IPC-HFW3200S versus Hikvision DS-2CD2032
  • I want a higher resolution camera for a security gate entrance. I need to be able to see license plates if necessary. Does anyone have any input on these particular two higher resolution camera's. Ben I saw in a thread you mentioned the Hikvision and the lower quality BW (Dahua). Any input on image quality, camera quality, set up issues would be greatly appreciated.
  • I have direct experience of the Dahua IPC-HFW2100 model (similar to the IPC-HFW3200S but slightly lower-res) and it's very good. It's difficult to choose between the IPC-HFW3200S and the DS-2CD2032 as they are so similar, but the Hikvision probably has the edge due to its higher resolution (3 MP vs 2.1 MP for the Dahua), although this difference is only marginally better in reality, and they are both very high-res cameras that will allow you to capture very clear video including license plates.

I found another forum discussion post about this topic with some information, maybe it's useful. If anyone has any direct experience of either of these cameras it would be good to hear from them here!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!