Skip to content

AMCrest and PTZ - not working with SS

edited September 2021 in SecuritySpy
I just connected a AMCrest IP3M to SS (current) and I cannot get PTZ to work. The PTZ works fine with a Mac Firefox browser. I updated the IP3M firmware to the latest (see below).

I've tried the following profiles:
Amcrest
Dahua Technology
Hikvision Camera (not working - no connection)
ONVIF (not working - timeout)
• ONVIF is enabled on the camera
• maybe I have a port set wrong?

None of them allowed PTZ to function.

There is nothing checked in the window under "Device" > "Advanced Device Options".

SecuritySpy Version 5.3.4

AMCrest IP3M-941B
Software Version V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
WEB Version 3.2.1.619604
ONVIF Version 16.12(V2.4.1.513183)

I read through the forum looking for "AMCrest IP3M PTZ" but didn't find something that would help.

Is there a log I can send? Or?

How might I get PTZ to work??

Thank you!
Jon

Comments

• Found this in the SS log:
    09/24/2021 15:32:08: Error sending PTZ command for camera "Amcrest". 5.3.4,4430,800 The operation timed out.

but I cannot replicate it by rebooting the Amcrest or using PTZ on SS.
  • As a bullet camera, the IP3M camera does not have mechanical PTZ, therefore the PTZ controls in SecuritySpy will do nothing as the camera is fixed and cannot move.

Instead, what you must be seeing in the Firefox browser is "digital PTZ", which simply crops the image in order to simulate PTZ. SecuritySpy also have a digital PTZ feature in all video windows, which you can use by hovering the mouse cursor over a live video image, holding the command key on the keyboard, and scrolling up on the mouse or trackpad. Once zoomed in, you can scroll left/right/up/down to simulate pan/tilt. This is described in the user manual under Live Video.
  • It is mechanical. There is a turret that turns near 360º. It moves up/down, left and right.

https://amcrest.com/amcrest-ultrahd-2k-wifi-video-security-ip-camera-pt-black.html
  • OK thanks for clarifying. Seems I was looking at a different model that also has "IP3M" in its product code.

The particular camera you linked to should certainly work in SecuritySpy for pan/tilt (though not zoom, as the camera does not have optical zoom). Try using the "Amcrest" profile and also make sure that you are entering the "admin" username/password into SecuritySpy, not some lesser viewing-only login. Does that do it? If not, please email us and include the log file (File menu in SecuritySpy > Open Log) and we'll help you with this directly.
  • There is only one User account and it is "admin". And the "Authority" is set to "All".

I'll send you the log via eMail.
    Jon
  • Solved by Ben!

A few years ago I had changed the camera's HTTP port from 80 to something else. I went to the Amcrest camera's ports at menu Network > Connection and clicked "Reset Defaults" and then rebooted the camera.

And now I have my PTZ back and working as expected. Thank you Ben!
  • Great to hear the solution has been found!