Skip to content

Cannot use USB webcam in BigSur

edited January 2021 in SecuritySpy
Hi all,

I'm on the latest version of SS (5.3.1) but my attached webcam no longer works. When I look at it in Preferences, in the preview screen it says "This application is not authorized to use the device - Use Security & Privacy preferences to allow access"

However when I check there, there's nothing to approve (not under Camera, nor under any of the other options).

Anything I can do?

Cheers,

Ed

Comments

• Hi Ed, please try deleting SecuritySpy from your Mac (this won't affect your settings - simply drag it to the Trash and empty the trash). Then download and install a fresh copy from the SecuritySpy download page and open it. Then do you see the option to allow SecuritySpy access to the camera in the Security & Privacy system preference?
  • No, I'm afraid not (I tried twice).
  • Hi Ed, did this work in a previous version of SecuritySpy? If so I will provide you with a link to the previous version so that we can compare the two. I'm not sure at this point why this could be happening - there should be an option in Security & Privacy to allow SecuritySpy to access the camera.