Skip to content

Problems with Security Spy not sending Daily Statistics with latest version 5.2.3

edited June 2020 in SecuritySpy
I upgraded my 2 server installs of Security Spy to V5.2.3 yesterday and this morning I noticed I did not get my daily report on statistics for these 2 installs.

I went and checked the email setting and all looks the same as before.
Went to run a test and received the error message.

Connecting to server...
Error 127045,8 Unknown error

This feature has worked fine for years until this update applied yesterday.

Any suggestions on what this might be?

Regards,
Dennis

Comments

• Hi Dennis, could you please try the latest beta version of SecuritySpy (currently 5.2.4b3) and let me know if this resolves your problem? Thanks.
  • Hi Ben,
    That appears to have fixed the email issue.

Regards,
  • I have been getting the Daily Statistics everyday at midnight by email. The other day on turned on "Quit and Reopen everyday at Midnight" under the Debug menu. After that I did not get any Daily Statistics. When I turned off the Quit and Reopen option, the Daily Statistics returned.

Don't think I really need the Quit and Reopen since Security Spy has been working just fine. I imagine since they both happen at midnight, there may be some conflict. I am using Ver 5.3.4 and all else is great.

Not really looking for a fix, just wanted to mention it in case others aren't getting their Daily Statistics.

-Mike

• Hi Mike,

Yes, it does look like that option is preventing the Daily Statistics email from being sent, thanks for letting us know. However, the option to quit and reopen at midnight is not an official option that users are mean to try for themselves - it's in the hidden Debug menu, useful for when we are working with a user who has a specific problem where this might help to debug the issue.

Instead, to keep things running smoothly, you could set a weekly automatic Mac reboot via the Energy Saver system preference (e.g. 2am every Sunday so you don't notice it).