Extra camera folder, with number in title, created on video storage drive?
  • Hi Forum, team,

On my storage drive, apart from the two folder that have the same name as the camera (driveway and garden) there is also another folder that I did not create; it is garden_2584. Does this have a special purpose? What caused it? It looks as if storage of files is distributed between garden and garden_2584.
  • This happens when you change the name of a camera, but SecuritySpy is then unable to change the name of its corresponding capture destination folder, for example if this happens:

- Create a camera called "Garden"; SecuritySpy will create a corresponding folder called "Garden" for the captured files.

- Delete this camera.

- Create a camera "Cam"; SecuritySpy will create a corresponding folder called "Cam".

- Change the name of the camera from "Cam" to "Garden"; now, SecuritySpy can't change the name of the "Cam" folder, because the folder "Garden" already exists from before.

When this happens, SecuritySpy renames the older folder to "Garden_X" where X is a number, and will then be able to go ahead and rename the "Cam" folder to "Garden".

This doesn't come up often because it's a rare series of events. I would advise you to simply delete the "garden_2584" folder - if there is no camera with this name, then it won't be being used by SecuritySpy at all.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!