Constantly have to recreate credentials in mobile app
  • Pretty much every day I go to check my cameras with the mobile app, and without fail, at some point when I'm on mobile data, it claims it can't connect or it says the server that responded wasn't Security Spy or something like that. So I delete the server information, and put the exact same information that I originally put in, and it works again. It's incredibly annoying, and has been going on for as long as I can remember, at least a year. I should have asked for support sooner. How in the world can I get this to stop happening? I use my own domain and ports, so my server is cameras.mydomain.com and port is a random four number port. I assume it has something to do with that. Any ideas?
  • On your computer, go to Preferences > Web and make sure "Advertise this server on Bonjour" is NOT checked.

This should fix it.
  • If turning off Bonjour doesn't fix it, please let me know and I will send you an updated beta version of the app with some improvements related to maintaining manually-entered connection details.
  • Thanks for the help. I'll let you know how it goes.
  • I have the same problem and have emailed support with the details (turning off bonjour didn't help). Happy to beta test the app.
  • I actually have this issue on my iPad app only...,
  • I can confirm the beta version of the app fixes the issue of remembering my server and credentials. Thanks Ben!
  • I definitely still have the problem. How do I go about getting the beta?
  • Hi @emergent I have added you to the beta list - you should have received an email inviting you to join. Please let me know if the beta resolves your problem.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!