SFTP Error
  • Hi Ben,

I'm having trouble with the SFTP upload option through SecuritySpy.

I'm on MacOS 15.4, running a SFTP server with the "SFTP Server" app from the AppStore through port 22. Remote login is turned off in the "MacOS SystemPreferences" panel.

With Cyberduck I have no problems at all connecting to the SFTP server. With Transmit however, with the same credentials, I get a time-out. When filling the credentials in SecuritySpy and pressing "Test" it gives the following response:

"Error 1315,88794 sftp>"

The log of the SFTP server shows:

"INFO: Session < username >@/< source IP >:64676 authenticated" (the same happens with Cyberduck. Having no problems at all with Cyberduck. Transmit gives a different server-log.)

The weird thing is that my server works totally fine when using Cyberduck. Would you have any suggestions?

Best wishes,

• PS: turns out transmit has the same problem with a SFTP connection with my webhost. The iOS app "FTPManager" can login with my SFTP server as well.
    PPS: would there be an option available to change the standard port (22) in the future?
  • Hi Nico, I've just sent you an email with a debug version of SecuritySpy for you to run, that will output a log that should allow us to find out what is going wrong.

As for the port, you can add this after the address, for example:

ftp.example.com:22
  • Ben, since updating OS X this afternoon to 10.15.4 from the previous minor version, SS has been unable to connect to my SFTP server (error 1315,88794). I am however able to login to the SSH server via Terminal, using a key without a password.

The ECDSA key fingerprint being reported to me by SS in the Preferences/Uploads/Test results is not any of the fingerprints I have in the known_hosts file. nor is it in the list returned by ssh_keyscan to the server.

-- update

tested the latest beta (5.2.3b8). that solved the problem.

cheers
    Gregory
  • Hi Gregory,

Thanks for reporting, yes this was broken by the latest macOS update, and fixed in the latest SecuritySpy beta update. We're planning an official 5.2.3 update soon.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!