Dahua N41BD12-W
  • Although the camera supports H.265, SecuritySpy gave me an error when trying it.

Any suggestions?

JP
  • Nothing much you can do other than reverting to H264.h

Some Dahua camera H265 streams are incompatible with the MacOS H265 video decoder. My newest Dahuas create usable H265 streams. My older ones don't.
  • A positive update: we have now found and fixed the problem with H.265 video decoding with Dahua cameras.

It turns out that it wasn't the video data per se, but rather the unusual way in which the H.265 data is encapsulated in the RTP stream by the camera, that was resulting in this issue. By adjusting SecuritySpy to be able to interpret the stream, SecuritySpy is now able to extract valid image data that decodes correctly.

This fix is in the latest beta version of SecuritySpy (currently 5.2.2b10) so please test this with your camera(s) and confirm that it now works as expected. Once we have enough confirmations from users that the issue is fixed, we'll get an official update released as soon as possible.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!