Skip to content

Foscam 8910 Audio

edited June 2013 in SecuritySpy
I have a Foscam 8608, Foscam 8910 and a Panasonic BL series Network cameras. I've downloaded the trial of Security Spy and really like it so far but I've found that even though my Foscam 8910 is supported and has audio, I can't get Security Spy to recognize that it has audio which makes kind of a problem as I need the cams to record audio as my neighbor is complaining of my dogs barking. I need the audio proof one way or the other :)

Is there a way to get the audio working on the Foscam 8910? The only driver option is Foscam JPEG pan/tilt which doesn't allow me to select audio :(

The audio works on my Foscam 8608 and my Panasonic BL series camera.

Please help :)

Comments

• Unfortunately SecuritySpy does not support audio for this particular Foscam camera. SecuritySpy obtains the JPEG video stream via HTTP using the standard "server-push" format, which is video-only. For audio, the camera only provides a Microsoft proprietary "ASF" stream to deliver a combined audio/video stream. We don't support this in SecuritySpy because it's so rarely used, and our development efforts are better focussed on standard formats such as RTSP. Sorry about this, please check our supported camera list to see which features are supported for which camera.
  • No worries, good to know. Thanks for the quick reply. I hate that proprietary active x stuff too.

I need to add a couple more cameras that have audio, neighbor is complaining about my dog barking and I need the audio. Can I have multiple rtsp Foscam cameras like the 9821W? Right now my Foscam 8608 is on port 80 not sure if I add another rtsp cam if I can set it to another port like 81?

I saw another post about the 9821 needing to be on its default port of 88. If I get 2 of them will I be able to get them both to work with Security spy?

Thanks for your help and the awesome software!
  • Each device on your network has a different IP address, so it's fine for them to use the same port. Please see our network device setup instructions for information about how to set up cameras on your network.

We've temporarily removed the FI9821W from our list as some users have reported issues with the camera requiring frequent restarts. Foscam have just released new firmware which we are in the process of testing so we'll know soon whether these issues are fixed. In the mean time you may prefer to go for a different camera - there are loads of options on our supported camera list.
  • Doah, too late I already purchased 2 of the 9821W :(

So far I've only hooked up one and have it hard wired as the wireless was next to useless. Even on wired the camera will occasionally lockup.

Since there's no daily reboot option like on my Panasonic camera I set a power timer on it to cycle the power every day. This has made it a little more reliable but I still have an occasional lockup :(

I'm running the latest firmware .13
  • Turning off DHCP in the camera and setting it to a manual IP has fixed most of my lockup problems with my 9821W cameras.
  • I don't know the statistics but I believe the FI8910w is a very popular IP camera. I really like your security software and it would really push me over to purchased the software (and probably others) if there was audio support for popular ip cam's like the 8910. Perhaps the ROI is not the highest but it would be wonderful to at know it may be on your feature road map.