Temp Disarm or Disable notifications while at home
  • Looking for a way to disable notifications at certain times, like when I'm home and in the yard. I was looking for an IFTTT or another tool that was just a button or maybe a simple dial that disabled push notifications for a specific time (like 30 min) and then a simple reactivate button.
  • You can do this directly in SecuritySpy using temporary "schedule overrides" - info is in the Getting Started section of the user manual. Schedule overrides are also available via SecuritySpy's web interface.
  • Ben, I had read that prior to posting. Using that method I have to go into each camera and disable notifications then reverse to turn it back on. I was looking for a single button that addressed all cameras. Based on the current process I have (4) per camera: select the camera, select settings, disable/enable, done (then select the next camera). Did I miss something in the directions?
  • The schedule overrides are temporary (e.g. 1 hour), and so you don't need to reset them; they will reset by themselves.

But yes, currently they are applied per camera. I agree that it would be useful to apply them to groups of cameras, so I'll see what we can do about adding this functionality in the future.
  • Thanks!
  • Ben, I'd like to add something to this... It would be useful to have other timeframes available. I most often need to get 2-4 hours of disabled notifications. Deliveries and service work that usually runs that amount of time. The one hour is rarely useful in my usage.
  • Hi @calvarez - understood, this is already on our "to do" list and will be added soon. Thanks for the feedback.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!