Netatmo Doorbell Cam at CES
  • Netatmo has introduced a Homekit enabled doorbell cam at CES called Smart Video Doorbell. It does not require a subscription service. It has onboard storage, and can also send files to Dropbox or an FTP server. I know Netatmo cameras do not have a good record for offering industry standard video streams, but the FTP option offers some flexibility. I guess since SecuritySpy isn't an FTP server, it won't be able to record from this unit. Unless of course, Ben has a trick up his sleeve.

It also is a nice looking unit.
  • Unfortunately, the specifications of this device do not include standard protocols that would allow it to work with SecuritySpy, such as RTSP or ONVIF. This indicates that it's a closed system that is not designed to work with anything but its own software.

It's better than other doorbells in that they don't tie you into a subscription, and they allow local recording to the device and Dropbox/FTP integration, but I'm afraid this isn't enough to allow it to work with SecuritySpy.
  • Just to follow up: I posed this question to Netatmo, and they have just replied to confirm that the doorbell does not support RTSP or other standard streaming protocols, so cannot be used with SecuritySpy.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!