Foscam R2C - Bad Image Data Error
  • I am not sure if anyone has tried the R2C camera. I have had good luck with Foscam with SecuritySpy in the past. I can access it via their mobile app and the webpage. But cannot get SecuritySpy to connect.

I keep getting the error "Bad Image Data". Not sure where to go next to resolve.

The following profiles were recommended via the "Auto-Detect Profiles" option when setting up the device:

- Foscam H.264 with format "H.264 RTSP"
    - ONVIF with format "RSTP TCP"
    - ONVIF with format "RSTP TDP"

I have validated it is not a password issue.

Any suggestions on how to debug would be great!

Thanks!!

Eric
  • Solved my own problem. Not clear why, but had to adjust the Video quality settings to the following:

Resolution: 720P
    BitRate: 512K
    Frame Rate: 15
    Key Frame Interval: 15
    Variable bit rate: yes

It is what I had a FI9829P set to as well. Hope this helps someone.

Eric
  • I am having this problem but I don't see where this is done. I am guessing that these are camera settings in the camera itself. But I don't see where I can make these changes on my R2C camera. I will ask FOSCAM for assistance.
  • Didn't need to contact FOSCAM support. I have my camera working with SecureSpy now. I couldn't get the downloaded software to work so I had to find my camera's IP address another way. Once I had that I could login to the camera. I only had to change the Key Frame Interval from 30 to 15.
  • Yes - I have to use a windows 10 image (vmware) to use the microsoft browser to get to the latest webpage on the camera.

While it is working - the framerate in SS via the ONVIF connection is not the same as going through the webpage. Logging into the camera directly - everything is smooth. The rate via the ONVIF connection appears to be (eyeballing it) a frame a second. Since I have several cameras working great - i think it is the R2C. To bad, otherwise nice camera.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!