NetVue Orb Cam PTZ compatibility to SecuritySpy
  • Hi folks!

Tere is this chap orb cam that can be purchased from Amazon and works great together with Amazon Echo Spot. I was not able to connect it to Security Spy, it has no web interface but telnet and 443 are open on that device. Unfortunately I did not find any documentation for that device. Maybe an idea anyone if it is possible to connect SecuritySpy to that Cam? https://www.netvue.com/product/orb-camera/ or reach Amazon for NetVue Orb Cam.

Thanks in advance! Jochen
  • @Ben: never had this one in your hands?
  • Sorry for the delay. I can't seem to find any technical information about this camera that would allow me to determine whether it can work with third-party software such as SecuritySpy or not. They do not advertise interoperability with third-party software, nor do they list support for standard protocols (RTSP, ONVIF), so my guess is that this camera will not work with SecuritySpy - most likely it only works with their subscription-based cloud service, for which you have to pay a monthly fee for anything but the most basic plan.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!