Can't get IOS app to work when not on local network
  • I'm using SecuritySpy 4.1.7 on my iMac. I can get my cameras to work on the SecuritySpy IOS app when I am connected to my network. I cannot get it to work on the internet when off of my network. It might be a port forwarding issue. I'm not sure I have port forwarding set up properly on my router. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • Normally, the only thing you have to do to configure remote access is to enable the "Allow access from the Internet" option(s) under Preferences -> Web. SecuritySpy will then configure your router's port forwarding automatically. For this to work, your router must support either the "NAT-PMP" or "UPnP" protocols, so check your router's settings to see if there is an option to turn on either protocol.

This works for the vast majority of routers, but perhaps your router is one of the few that doesn't implement these protocols. In this case, you'll have to set up port forwarding in your router manually - please follow our instructions: SecuritySpy Installation Manual - Port Forwarding - Manual Setup.

If you're still having problems, please email us and include screenshots of your Mac's Network system preference showing the IP setup, and all relevant settings pages of your router.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!