VTDecoderXPCService CPU usage
  • Hi @armakarma - the current beta (4.2.4b5) still has this tweak, so please test it and report back. Thanks.

Note that it's not high CPU usage per se that's the problem here - high CPU usage could be completely normal depending on your setup. The problem here is CPU usage of VTDecoderXPCService that starts low, but that gradually increases over time all the way to 100%. Are you experiencing this?
  • Ok, here is my update.....I was experiencing high CPU of VTDecoderXPCService which went away when I upgraded to High Sierra. I then thought the problem came back as I was experiencing high CPU usage once again. I checked Activity monitor and though that the problem had somehow recurred but in fact this time in was VTENCODERXPCService (not decoder) that was through the roof. I realised that this must be due to the fact that I was displaying my cameras on 2 different iPads at the same time using the iOS App. Once I stopped using the apps to view, everything returned to a respectable level and performance has been great with no errors.

Hope this helps.
  • Thanks for the update. High encoding CPU usage is expected with multiple viewing clients connected. You can mitigate this by switching the streaming format from H.264 to JPEG in the iOS clients (in the SecuritySpy iOS app settings), though this will use more network bandwidth (not a problem over a local network, but may provide slow performance over the Internet).

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!