if motion is dedected, is it possible to automatically let the light turn on and have a recorded dog
  • what hardware do I need, to have a lightswitch turn on and to play sound of a barking dog? I like to have a burgler- scare effect to protect the property.

please excuse my english... I am German!
  • I find the answer in the manual now: http://www.controlbyweb.com/x17s/
    will be the solution for the light switch and I guess a camera with loudspeaker will we the solution for tha "barking dog"
  • Yes, the WebRelay devices by ControlByWeb are very good and can trigger things like lights.

As for a barking dog, SecuritySpy can play sounds when motion is detected (see the Actions section of the Camera Settings window). So if you can obtain a barking dog sound as an AIFF or MP3 file, simply move it to the ~/SecuritySpy/Sounds/ folder and it will be available in SecuritySpy. Then hook up a speaker to your Mac's audio output.
  • I have a simple PIR (£15-00) that switches on an outside light and a table lamp in my living room and a TV flicker device which duplicates the flickering light of a TV upon motion detection. It's all hard wired of course but very simple to do.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!