Skip to content

Liln IPS 420

edited August 2015 in Cameras
Any one have any luck with getting PTZ to work on a Liln IPS 420? I have it set up as ONVIF and the video is quite nice, but the PTZ controls don't function.

-mike

Comments

• Hi Mike,

This camera doesn't actually have mechanical Pan/Tilt/Zoom features, which is why you can't control it from SecuritySpy. SecuritySpy doesn't support digital PTZ as this isn't particularly useful.

Hope this helps.
  • Opps, I mistyped the model number. It's IPS 4204e.
    http://www.meritlilin.com/webe/html/products/show.aspx?id=258&kid=53,64

It's does (very fast!) mechanical PTZ, just not in SS.
  • Hi Mike - OK that one definitely has mechanical PTZ :)

Please try the latest beta version of SecuritySpy, as it has improvements related to ONVIF and PTZ, and may resolve your problem.
  • Thanks, Ben. I gave the beta a try and it still doesn't work. What can I do to help you debug this?

-mike
  • BenBen
    edited August 2015
    Hi Mike,

That's a pity. The next step, if possible, would be for you to put your camera online temporarily so that we can connect to it from here and do some testing. To do this you will have to set up the port forwarding settings on your router to forward incoming connections to the camera on ports 80 and 554 (and whatever the ONVIF port is, if it's not 80), and then email us your public IP address (or DDNS name, which can be set up in SecuritySpy's Web Server Setup window), along with the camera's admin login details. Let me know if you need more information about how to set this up.
  • Done. I sent the mail, they should have forwarded it to you. Let me know if you have any connection issues and let me know when I can take it down. Thanks!
  • Hi Mike - great thanks I will take a look.
  • Any update?