config. of HOSAFE 2MB2G ONVIF 1080P
  • Using the following system components (preferring to use the Dell but expect to have to use Mac to run the software), I am getting the connection of the camera to the ethernet according to the camera and WiFi-Texas switch, however, the software sees nothing. The camera has little to no documentation and no-one (even though "Amazon Prime") answers email and I will not call China "in this life". So, I am hoping that someone else has surmised the possibilitity of running this (or not) and would be very interested and grateful in knowing the setting tweaks you made. The cams don't document any direct connect, as would a switch or router, and I cannot see a MAC or IP address which I recognize mapped to anything indicating a camera. I miss me working as QA so this kind of product would never be allowed to be sold! Sigh. Hoping....

> WiFi-Texas 8 port Ethernet switch with Passive PoE on 7 ports -WS-POES-8-7-48v60w - POE for 802.3af
    > HOSAFE 2MB2G ONVIF 1080P IP Camera POE Outdoor Waterproof IP66 Day/Night...
    > Dell PowerEdge T300 server (latest FreeBSD/PC-BSD) with two 1TB HDDs and two 250MB HDDs
    > Mac Mini 2GHz Core2Duo with 8GB RAM (MacOSX 10.6.8)
    > TP-LINK TL-R600VPN Gigabit Broadband VPN Router, 1 Gigabit WAN port + 4 Gigabit LAN ports, Supports IPsec, PPTP, L2TP VPN Tunnels
    > TP-LINK TL-SG1016DE 16-Port Gigabit Easy Smart Switch with 16 10/100/1000 Mbps RJ45 Ports, MTU/Port/Tag-Based VLAN, QoS and IGMP

Thanks in advance,
    "frank"
  • Hi Frank,

As the camera apparently supports ONVIF, I think this will be your best chance of getting it working with SecuritySpy. Have you followed our instructions setting up network cameras?

Basically you use our Network Device Finder app to locate the camera on your network, and then set it up in SecuritySpy, using the ONVIF profile. Normally, all you will have to do is select the ONVIF profile, enter the camera's IP address, and enter the camera's default username and password.

If this is not working, what error do you see reported in SecuritySpy?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!