SecuritySpy continous restart
  • I have repurposed a older Mac as my VideoServer. However after unregistering SecuritySpy from my MacBook Air and installing it on the older Mac, SecuritySpy continuously restarts every 15 seconds or so.
    VideoServer (Old Mac) Specs:
    Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.8 GHz, 4MB of memory and 500 gigs of hard disk space
    OS X 10.10.4
    I installed a fresh version of the OS before installing SecuritySpy and have no other programs or apps running on this machine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Alan
  • Hi Alan,

I'm afraid 10.4 is a rather old system that we no longer officially support. However we would be happy to take a look to see what could be going wrong here, as you shoud be able to successfully run the previous 3.2.1 version of SecuritySpy on your older Mac. Assuming that you are getting "unexpectedly quit" messages about SecuritySpy, there will be some logs in the ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/ folder (note that this Library folder is whin your user folder), so please locate these and email them to us, and we should be able to suggest some things to try.
  • Hi Alan,

Thanks for sending the crash log, and apologies I misread your initial message, which is why I thought you were using 10.4 (OS X Lion), but I can see that you're actually using 10.10.4 (OS X Yosemite), which is right up to date and of course supported by the latest version of SecuritySpy. I'll be able to easily fix this problem and send you out a new version to test today.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!