Skip to content

Camera Main Video Window Freezing.

edited June 2015 in SecuritySpy
I have been using SecuritySpy for several years without issue. Recently I have noticed that the Main Video Window is not updating. If you move the window it will repaint, or if you move your mouse in the window it will track a path of your mouse with the updated image, but constant updating (live action) no longer happens.

The SecuritySpy software is running on a MacMini running Mountain Lion and it's being viewed by an iMac running Yosemite using Apple Desktop Remote. This configuration has worked in the past and with earlier OS X versions. Any input would be appreciated. I've tried a whole bunch of things, but nothing seems to work.

Les

Comments

• Hi Les,

If this is only when viewing via Remote Desktop, then it must be some kind of interaction between SecuritySpy's live video display and the Remote Desktop system. Remote Desktop must be taking steps to minimise data transmission, by only sending parts of the screen it thinks have changed, and it sounds like it's (erroneously) not including the video displays. It's not something we have heard of, but then I don't think we have many customers using Remote Desktop with SecuritySpy. SecuritySpy uses standard methods (OpenGL) to display video to the screen that work perfectly in normal circumstances, so there probably won't be anything we can change about this.

I would suggest trying standard Screen Sharing instead, to see if this works better. Enable the Screen Sharing option in the Sharing system preferences, and log on via the Finder of another Mac on the same network (left side of any Finder window, under "Shared") in order to view the screen.

Alternatively, use SecuritySpy's web interface to view the video on the other Mac using a web browser (e.g. Chrome, FireFox or Safari).

Or, perhaps the best method: use another copy of SecuritySpy as a viewer (unlicensed, for free) on the other Mac to connect to the server SecuritySpy and display the cameras. This is described in the user manual under using SecuritySpy as a video server.

Hope this helps.